MPG on your car

mead107

Computer says 15.9. Been a while since I've done it manually, but it's usually close enough to the computer not to matter.

I find that the computer is usually off. I just divide miles driven vs. amount put in. My Jeep is nasty... It has a 19 gallon tank and I can usually only go safely 250-260 miles before filling up again.

Now the Cooper S has Auto Start/Stop. If it is engaged (simple on-off toggle on center stack), the engine will shut off when the vehicle is stopped and in neutral (under certain various parameters). The second you throw the clutch in, it will fire up. All within a split second. I can't beat it, no matter how fast I try to shift and get going. I suppose you wouldn't want that feature coming off the line just because. I suppose in stop and go traffic it may save fuel... How much I don't know? I wonder how that plays out w/turbo, wear and tear, etc... but the engineers @ BMW probably have that figured out... Trade it in after 3 years when the warranty runs out! LoL...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Impossible for me. My right foot is made of Plutonium. I crashed the JSW. I went back to the earlier ALH engine with some significant tweaks.

I've had multiple speeding tickets to the point where it's way more cost effective for me to drive the speed limit and just tag a few extra minutes onto my trip. I absolutely love my JSW by the way. I've always had the sedan with TDI, but this is my first go around with the wagen. Totally different car and totally better car!

12 genesis sedan: 30 highway, 23 city- pretty pleased with that for a big car yet hyundai sends me a credit card at intervals to reimburse their initial mpg overestimate. first one was $250.

05 subaru legacy gt turbo: 22 overall

Edited by birdog1960