Where to stay downtown for bills game?

freester

Adam's Mark Hotel

That place sucks. For price and decent location, I'd say Embassy Suites or the Hyatt. For coolness, I'd say the Lafayette Hotel. Best of all possible worlds, the "lofts on Pearl" which is associated with and next to the Pearl Street Brewery, but it doesn't have a lot of rooms.

That place sucks. For price and decent location, I'd say Embassy Suites or the Hyatt. For coolness, I'd say the Lafayette Hotel. Best of all possible worlds, the "lofts on Pearl" which is associated with and next to the Pearl Street Brewery, but it doesn't have a lot of rooms.

I hear that all the time, but have never stayed. Few years back saw the Chiefs there though...can't be awful if teams stay there right?

We usually stay at the Embassy suites when I am with a group of guys, but think we are going Lofts on Pearl this year.

Have neighbors that are bif Bengals fans, and doing a couples thing that weekend. Staying at the Mansion on Delaware...that place a definite no with a group though.

I hear that all the time, but have never stayed. Few years back saw the Chiefs there though...can't be awful if teams stay there right?

We usually stay at the Embassy suites when I am with a group of guys, but think we are going Lofts on Pearl this year.

Have neighbors that are bif Bengals fans, and doing a couples thing that weekend. Staying at the Mansion on Delaware...that place a definite no with a group though.

I think teams stayed there because there weren't many choices. Was it Brady or Belichick who criticized Buffalo hotels? Back then, they were right...

Wonderful joint, great happy hour. But you're right, probably not the best place to stay with a large group of guys.

Adam's Mark Hotel

Absolute dump.

I booked the Marriott Courtyard Canalside for the first two home games.

Which game you staying at the Mansion? Might change our plans to stay there as well. Love that place -- butler service and the happy hour rock.

Edit -- duh. You said Bengals game. Darn -- won't be in town for that one.

Edited by eball

Absolute dump.

I booked the Marriott Courtyard Canalside for the first two home games.

Which game you staying at the Mansion? Might change our plans to stay there as well. Love that place -- butler service and the happy hour rock.

Edit -- duh. You said Bengals game. Darn -- won't be in town for that one.

I have never stayed at the Mansion...should be nice.

The Courtyard is nice E.

BTW, I am not sure on the opener yet, but know will be there for the Pats. You should join our tailgate.

Be.myself, 5 or 6 friends, my son and 3 of my nephews. Nephews live GI, they have all the grills etc We park ECC, so easy from downtown.

I wouldn't even stay in downtown. You should call the Hampton Inn in East Aurora. Get there the night before, go to The Bar Bill Tavern for wings and roast beef. Sunday morning, drive straight up 20A into Orchard Park and you're there. Easy Peezy

I wouldn't even stay in downtown. You should call the Hampton Inn in East Aurora. Get there the night before, go to The Bar Bill Tavern for wings and roast beef. Sunday morning, drive straight up 20A into Orchard Park and you're there. Easy Peezy

I think that's a winning strategy. Love the drive down 20A toward the stadium and easy access to Hammers.

Did some looking at the Lafayette, Mansion and Lofts just for kicks. All I could find were suites in the $400/night range, which is way too rich for my blood on top of flights, rental car, etc.

Edited by BillnutinHouston

I think that's a winning strategy. Love the drive down 20A toward the stadium and easy access to Hammers.

Did some looking at the Lafayette, Mansion and Lofts just for kicks. All I could find were suites in the $400/night range, which is way too rich for my blood on top of flights, rental car, etc.

Hmm, our rates are no where close to that. The lofts I have reservations for the Pats and Cowboy games right now, both $254 plus tax for a two bedroom suite...the biggest ones they have.

Have the Mansion for same price essentially, but that is for just a regular hotel room.

Lofts should be able to sleep 5 easily with sofa bed and roll aways...cheaper than 3 hotel rooms that's for damn sure, plus you have a nice play to hang out and watch the games Saturday before heading out, as well as watch the Sunday night game. We don't fly out till Monday mornings.

It's pretty crazy how things have changed in the years since Brady made the comment about the hotels. Now there is the Lafayette, Lofts on Pearl, two Marriotts including the new full service one, the Hilton diagonal from the Lafayette and the Embassy Suites. In addition, Croce has the new boutique hotel in the works and the nicest of them all, the Westin, is going up. Thank you, Tom- someone listened.

I'd be remiss if I didn't tout my neighbor's new Inn. He and his wife have refurbished a beautiful old Buffalo mansion on Lafayette Ave in the heart of Elmwood. Maybe not ideal for a group of guys, but if you like The Mansion and can't get in, this is an alternative.

http://www.innbuffalo.com/

What a phenomonal restoration! Your neighbors should be proud of the their magnficent transformation of that property. I very much hope that it turns it out to be a very profitable endeavor.

Maybe some day in the not too distant future there will be a full restoration instead of the partially done project at the Statler. It seems that there are numerous mininature hotels popping up all over the place in the restoration business.

Edited by JohnC