Draft Predictions Thread

if we draft a RB Whaley is an idiot

not that there will be any Jets fans there.

time to cancel the reservations

How long do you expect FredEx to play? Ryan already suggests he's not a big "whatever's his name" (Bryce Brown) fan. Yeldon is compared to FJ22. To get another FJ22 in the 3rd would be another steal. Rex also likes "hard hitting" safeties and Tartt fills the bill (no pun intended)

We draft an on OG and C and two defensive lineman yet none of them with our top pick. Here's my mock:

2- Paul Williams DB Florida State. S/CB tweener who could help in at S depth early on and eventually move to CB to replace Gilmore or McKelvin long term. I've seen some scouting reports compare him to Gilmore but the talk about him losing receivers in coverage reminded me of McKelvin. As let's not forget there was some talk we might have pursued Revis and Whaley did mention in the predraft luncheon we need to address CB/S depth and guys drafted in Round 6 or 7 might struggle getting a roster spot.

3- John Miller, OG Louisville. He fits the power G we need and we've had him in for a predraft visit. He makes sense but if I had a choice I would have preferred taking AJ Cann at pick 50 and Clive Watford with this pick.

5- Tyler Kroft, TE, Rutgers. Mixed reports say he can be a good split TE and some say he's a good blocker. I guess that means he has a chance to develop into a complete TE. Whaley mentioned in the predraft luncheon we might go 4 TEs heading into the season which tells me we need a body and think Kroft offers good development value in Round 5.

6a-Andy Gallik, C, Boston College. We lack depth at the position. So he might be able to walk in and get the job no questions asked and has the moxy to fit in well with the power scheme Ryan/Roman want.

6b-= Angelo Blackson, DT, Auburn. A guy who could add depth as a true NT that we don't have on the roster. I guess Dareus starts there in 2015 and Blackson could add to depth and let Charles compete for a starting DE spot.

7- Kristjan Sokoli, DE, Buffalo Homer pick but has the size to me a DE in Rex's 34 and tested better then one would think. Good PR move and who knows might be a PS guy his first few years and eventually will be a good depth guy.

1. We will take a TE in the 2nd or 3rd round, the 2nd if one of the main two guys are there, otherwise the 3rd or possibly 5th.

2. We will take a OL in the second or third round, maybe AJ Cann. It's more likely a OG if it's 2nd round and OT of it's 3rd or later.

3. We won't take a QB until the 6th round or later but probably not at all.

4. We will take an obscure killer LB or edge rusher in the mid rounds.

5. We will trade down for more picks, likely in the 2nd round unless a guy they love, or a day one projected starter is there at 50.

1. We will take a TE in the 2nd or 3rd round, the 2nd if one of the main two guys are there, otherwise the 3rd or possibly 5th.

2. We will take a OL in the second or third round, maybe AJ Cann. It's more likely a OG if it's 2nd round and OT of it's 3rd or later.

3. We won't take a QB until the 6th round or later but probably not at all.

4. We will take an obscure killer LB or edge rusher in the mid rounds.

5. We will trade down for more picks, likely in the 2nd round unless a guy they love, or a day one projected starter is there at 50.

I have no issues with that last bit and agree with a lot of what you said. I'm also a big Cann fan and welcome him at pick 50 but I have a feeling he will go in the top 42 picks of the draft.

Bills trade down in round 2 to pick up a 4th

CBF

This. First pick will be front 7 unless AJ Cann is still available. Second pick oline- John Miller of best tackle available. I do believe Whalley will try and get that 4th back at least. Using this draft pick value chart http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp I think a couple feasable scenerios are:

we trade down with Seahawks and pick up 63 and 95

we trade down with Browns for 77, 111, 115

Bills will draft Oline and Linebacker and safety. The linebacker will get close to 100 tackles in an underrated season.

Cleveland will waste their 2 firsts on drug addicted nobodies who will be out of the league in years. They will make a new movie called Draft Day 2. It will be about some guy drinking draft beers in a cleveland bar. More interesting than the first one.

Philly will make moves. Ultimately though, Chip will cry when Mariota doesnt end up in Philly. Mariota will cry when he ends up in Tennessee or San Diego.

The patriots will draft a no name guy that sucks, but still makes the first team. despite his lack of talent, he will have a ring within years.

The jets will draft a diva and the raiders will get a thug (a really fast thug) and the Loins will forgo the draft and just sign guys off the streets of Detroit.

This. First pick will be front 7 unless AJ Cann is still available. Second pick oline- John Miller of best tackle available. I do believe Whalley will try and get that 4th back at least. Using this draft pick value chart http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp I think a couple feasable scenerios are:

we trade down with Seahawks and pick up 63 and 95

we trade down with Browns for 77, 111, 115

Thoughts on trade down?

Thoughts on trade down?

The problem with a trade down is anyone picked in the fifth round or later has a very little chance of making the roster. Any other year I would expect it. Unless we can, say, trade down a few spots in round two and pick up an extra 2 or 3 for next year and still get the guy we want I don't see us trading down much.

The Bryce Petty visit is a rouse. The Bills will not pick a QB.

The Bills draft a TE (likely Walford) and a T in their first two picks (50 and 81).

They will follow up with a DE, LG, S, and ILB for their final four picks.

Thoughts on trade down?

I think they'll keep the 2nd rounder, as they'll get a very good prospect at 50.

I can seen them trading the 3rd, probably dropping down to the bottom of the round to pick up a 4th. Guys with 3rd-4th round grades all seem about equal, IMO, so getting a another pick in round 4 would be worthwhile Might be what they're thinking of in terms of getting the ammo to select their developmental QB as well...

How long do you expect FredEx to play? Ryan already suggests he's not a big "whatever's his name" (Bryce Brown) fan. Yeldon is compared to FJ22. To get another FJ22 in the 3rd would be another steal. Rex also likes "hard hitting" safeties and Tartt fills the bill (no pun intended)

get an UDFA at RB , we have wasted enough picks already