Texas custom license plate rejected

This solves the problem.

Custom plates in Illinois have to have letters first, then, if followed by a number. I am pretty sure the Illinois "Pick-A-Plate" program will automatically reject it if you have #'s, letters, then #'s... Also, there has to be a space between numbers and letters.

I guess Texas has NOT figured out an online program like "Pick-A-Plate."

I was playing around w/the Illinois website this morning for the new vehicle.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Do they really think Texans could figure that out?

Your outright hatred of the Baptist Belt and its inhabitants is beyond ridiculous.

CGF--please allow me to apologize for this putz' poor behavior & lack of inclusion. He is a very poor representation of a true Buffalo Bills fan (not to mention human being).

Your outright hatred of the Baptist Belt and its inhabitants is beyond ridiculous.

CGF--please allow me to apologize for this putz' poor behavior & lack of inclusion. He is a very poor representation of a true Buffalo Bills fan (not to mention human being).

Do NOT post: Advertisements (We sell ad space to anyone who wants to get their website noticed).

Obscene material

Links to obscene material

Foul language

Personal or harassing threats

Libelous or defamatory information

Spam Messages

Personal "crusades" (posting the same information/opinion in an excessively repetitive manner. We want posters to share opinions not bludgeon others to death with them.)

I had plates rejected before I got my GO BILLS plate....

1.) REDNECK

2.) R3DNECK

3.) R3DN3CK

4.) REDN3CK

Apparently "some people" could be offended by that....

I mentioned how Illinois uses the "Pick-A-Plate" online system. You would have known within 60 seconds if it was approved. Every single one of those are not of the approved format... Not because they are offensive but because of readability. Correction, maybe the first one is not... BUT, it would have been too many letters for a vanity plate in Illinois... They count the type of plate code as part of the tag.

Even know there is this system in place, there is still a form one can fill out to the Illinois Secretary of State (DMV) to report offensive tags they see. WoW!

I saw this plate sometime back and was surprised it got thru

UPDIAZ

Now that one might get through the system... BUT could get reported if it bothered somebody.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Here is New York's website for custom plates. You can check, real time, what is available. I tried the TX one above, and it said it wasn't available. Then I put in an obviously profane word and it came back as unavailable - so they don't differentiate between "against the rules" and "already taken."

But I did put Boyst's in there and it's available.

https://transact.dmv.ny.gov/platespersonalized/EmpChoosePlate.cfm

I mentioned how Illinois uses the "Pick-A-Plate" online system. You would have known within 60 seconds if it was approved. Every single one of those are not of the approved format... Not because they are offensive but because of readability. Correction, maybe the first one is not... BUT, it would have been too many letters for a vanity plate in Illinois... They count the type of plate code as part of the tag.

Even know there is this system in place, there is still a form one can fill out to the Illinois Secretary of State (DMV) to report offensive tags they see. WoW!

Utah also has an online system where you can see if a particular plate is available right away, but you still need to make the formal request for a plate by mail, and they make you include a description of what your plate is supposed to mean. So they presumably have a person or group of people reviewing each request before it is approved/denied.

Now that one might get through the system... BUT could get reported if it bothered somebody.

We have an online system to check for availability, all those except for #1 said they were available, so I sent in the paper form with a check... Check was cashed, then I got the phone call... They could refund my payment in 6-8 weeks or I could choose another.... Apparently "FCKDMV" was taken.... So "GO BILLS" it is....

We have an online system to check for availability, all those except for #1 said they were available, so I sent in the paper form with a check... Check was cashed, then I got the phone call... They could refund my payment in 6-8 weeks or I could choose another.... Apparently "FCKDMV" was taken.... So "GO BILLS" it is....

Oh... Here you can order them right online. 30-45 days you should have your plate. I take they have it reviewed and then a prisoner stamps them.... :D The whole process can be done in the matter ofminutes w/out stepping into the abyss of humanity that is the Secretary of State/DMV. :thumbsup: