Obama calls for end to gay 'conversion' therapy

Though conversion therapy stupid I think calling for regulations because one person killed themselves is over the top.

I agree. The suicide is tragic, but anybody who commits suicide has some other mental, possibly chemical issues going on. Plus I see a "gay conversion" thing as a religious group protected by the 1st amendment.

People should not be forced in to "gay conversion therapy" against their will.

Other than that, I'll support limits on "gay conversion therapy" when the FDA starts regulating homeopathy. They're both equally retarded.

People should not be forced in to "gay conversion therapy" against their will.

This.

Other than that, I'll support limits on "gay conversion therapy" when the FDA starts regulating homeopathy. They're both equally retarded.

But not so much this. While both are equally absurd, people have the right to be absurd.

While I think if you're gay you're gay because that's just the way you are. I never decided to be hetro over gay, it's just the way I am. However, as long as no one is forcing someone into it or it is done against their will and the "therapists" aren't breaking any laws, I see no problem with it. I don't see why we need a law against it or whatever. While the suicide is tragic, are we sure the "aversion therapy" is truly the culprit and not something else?

• Sad 1

I see Barry is tackling those big issues that no one really gives a shite about again. The ones that do, do so because they are have no real problems and have way to much time on their hands.

My initial thoughts are "Looks like Obama is preparing to hit the West coast for some more fundraising."

Well in all honesty you don't have to Nostradamus to figure this out. The guy is out here pretty much every month.

While I think if you're gay you're gay because that's just the way you are. I never decided to be hetro over gay, it's just the way I am. However, as long as no one is forcing someone into it or it is done against their will and the "therapists" aren't breaking any laws, I see no problem with it. I don't see why we need a law against it or whatever. While the suicide is tragic, are we sure the "aversion therapy" is truly the culprit and not something else?

I think the issue is parents are forcing their kids into this.

I think it's dumb, but shouldn't parents be able to decide what's best for their children?

If this therapy is indeed shown to be dangerous or harmful, then that's a different story. Has it been? Once suicide seems to be anecdotal.

Edited by reddogblitz

Parents force their kids to do lots of dumb ****. I wish Nixon had come out against green and white vertically striped jumpers when I was 3, but I was forced to wear it anyway. Childhood sucks that way.

Yeah, that was my point, moron. :rolleyes:

Don't blame me when you communicate your ideas poorly.

You made the if/then statement "If the FDA begins to regulate homeopathy, then I'll begin to support limits on gay conversion therapy". That is totally dissimilar to saying you support neither.

A ban for minors sounds fine , if an adult decides to under go conversion therapy of their own free will that is also fine. I'd also be fine with a ban on exorcisms done on minors.

So parents should likewise be banned for assisting their children with a gender transition, right?

Parents force their kids to do lots of dumb ****. I wish Nixon had come out against green and white vertically striped jumpers when I was 3, but I was forced to wear it anyway. Childhood sucks that way.

Where did I say i agreed with the reason. I hope you know me well enough to know the children are stuck with the stupid mistakes their parents make and we can't legislate stupid away.