Barry Takes Responsibility?

Dante

It's not like I think he made a bad move here and I think that's the deal. There is no real cost for him to take responsibility. Any how I think it's the first time I've heard him actually take blame for anything. I guess the license expired on blaming Bush.

#dontdronemebro

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/04/23/obama-i-take-full-responsibility-for-two-hostages-killed-in-us-airstrike/

While it's nice that President Obama has apologized for killing 1 innocent American civilian, I'd like to see him apologize to ALL innocent civilians killed by his drones regardless of nationality. Then, make amends by ending his drone wars.

Even though he is a lame duck I don't think he wants to open up that can of worms. As long as he doesn't say anything about it he knows the MSM isn't going to care.

I should have known this administration couldn't be counted on to really take full responsibility..........

In a 2012 campaign ad, he was the “decider-in-chief” who made the gutsy call to kill bin Laden,
In 2015, here's what “full responsibility” for a drone strike looks like. (http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-04-23/two-american-hostages-killed-in-counterterrorism-raid-u-s-says)
Obama didn’t personally sign off on the two operations, Earnest said, adding that the U.S. would compensate the families of Weinstein and Lo Porto.
The CIA took the strike that killed the hostages under the broad authorities given to the agency to target suspected al Qaeda targets in Pakistan, senior Obama administration officials said. Mr. Obama didn’t directly sign off on the strike beforehand, they said.
Nothing motivates the troops more than a leader who takes the credit for success and deflects blame for failure.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner

Edited by B-Man

While it's nice that President Obama has apologized for killing 1 innocent American civilian, I'd like to see him apologize to ALL innocent civilians killed by his drones regardless of nationality. Then, make amends by ending his drone wars.

And then go on an apology tour for all those we killed in world wars one and two. And then mount his rainbow farting unicorn waving his "Peace" prize in the air declaring that wars on this planet are forever banned.

I should have known this administration couldn't be counted on to really take full responsibility..........

In a 2012 campaign ad, he was the decider-in-chief who made the gutsy call to kill bin Laden,

In 2015, here's what full responsibility for a drone strike looks like. (http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-04-23/two-american-hostages-killed-in-counterterrorism-raid-u-s-says)

Obama didnt personally sign off on the two operations, Earnest said, adding that the U.S. would compensate the families of Weinstein and Lo Porto.

And, just to be sure no one misses the message: (http://www.wsj.com/articles/american-italian-hostages-killed-in-cia-drone-strike-in-january-1429795801)

The CIA took the strike that killed the hostages under the broad authorities given to the agency to target suspected al Qaeda targets in Pakistan, senior Obama administration officials said. Mr. Obama didnt directly sign off on the strike beforehand, they said.

Nothing motivates the troops more than a leader who takes the credit for success and deflects blame for failure.

You like the Bush approach of "taking responsibility" better?

Bush? Bush? Hmmmmm, nope can't figure out what that has to do with this discussion.

It has nothing to do with it. JTSP couldn't respond intelligently to my post, so he try's this worn-out distraction squirrel

Obama faces up to the grim reality of drone strikes.

Shouldn't a real leader faced up to reality six years ago ? ?

It has nothing to do with it. JTSP couldn't respond intelligently to my post, so he try's this worn-out distraction squirrel

Obama faces up to the grim reality of drone strikes.

Shouldn't a real leader faced up to reality six years ago ? ?

Has everythung to do with your hypocrisy, that's the point. Bush mocks the faux justification for a war of choice that cost the lives of nearly half a million Iraqi civilians - far more than even Saddam was alleged, almost 5000 dead Americans, and burdened future tax payers with trillions in debt. Not to mention the untold that were left scarred and maimed ....see the boy who lost his arms? Did you know he lost both his parents in the same us airstrike? And all bush and the war-authorizing bill's cosponsor Lieberman can do is yuck it up over cocktails. Shameful beyond words, as is your hypocritical lack of any criticism Edited by JTSP

And then go on an apology tour for all those we killed in world wars one and two. And then mount his rainbow farting unicorn waving his "Peace" prize in the air declaring that wars on this planet are forever banned.

Who said anything about unicorns?

Are you insinuating that these drone strikes are doing anything besides making note enemies and encouraging more to chant "Death to America"?

Barack evidently thinks its horrible to kill innocent US. civilians, but if your not an American,oh well, tough ****.

If he's responsible for killing an American citizen, why isn't he in jail? Anyone else "accidentally" killing someone, would see a punishment.

I always wonder what these politicians say when they "take responsibility" for something. In the real world if you cause an auto accident you take responsibility by paying for the other person's car. What did Barack to make things OK? What did Hillary do to "take responsibility" for her Iraq war vote? Should be more than the usual lip service.

I always wonder what these politicians say when they "take responsibility" for something. In the real world if you cause an auto accident you take responsibility by paying for the other person's car. What did Barack to make things OK? What did Hillary do to "take responsibility" for her Iraq war vote? Should be more than the usual lip service.

They hit up taxpayers to compensate the families

This. About the only thing more disingenuous than the 'I take responsibility' speech is the 'I apologize if anyone was offended' speech.

That said, I don't understand why he's apologizing at all or calling anything a 'mistake'. It wasn't a mistake -- they targeted and killed a terrorist. Mission accomplished. Yes it's a shame a hostage died in the process, but unless someone knew he was there in advance, I don't see where any 'mistake' was made.

Who said anything about unicorns?

Are you insinuating that these drone strikes are doing anything besides making note enemies and encouraging more to chant "Death to America"?

Barack evidently thinks its horrible to kill innocent US. civilians, but if your not an American,oh well, tough ****.

No, he obviously has no problem killing American citizens too.

Every independent investigation of the strikes has found far more civilian casualties than administration officials admit. Gradually, it has become clear that when operators in Nevada fire missiles into remote tribal territories on the other side of the world, they often do not know who they are killing, but are making an imperfect best guess.

“Gradually” this became clear? This should have been clear before an operator launched his first missile.
This should have been clear based on — I don’t know — perhaps the entire history of aerial warfare.
Even the most precise missiles have a blast radius, after all, and not even “hundreds of hours” of observation can enable us to see through walls or control for all variables. In fact, it’s foolish to try. And it’s even more foolish to blame American intelligence for innocent deaths, as some do.

“I hope this event allows us at last to have an honest dialogue about the U.S. drone program,” said Rachel Stohl, of the Stimson Center, a Washington research institute. “These are precise weapons. The failure is in the intelligence about who it is that we are killing.”

No, Ms. Stohl, the “failure” is al-Qaeda’s for refusing to comply with the laws of war. They should be punished for that failure and not rewarded with even more American caution. Jihadists bear all — and I mean all — the moral responsibility for the hostages’ death. And if we adjust our tactics in response to this strike — making us even more reluctant to shoot — then we’ll only guarantee that jihadists will further burrow themselves deep into the civilian population and do their best to surround themselves with western hostages.
Let me be perfectly clear: When we create rules and procedures of warfare that treat each and every civilian death as an American failure, we tie the hands of our men and women in uniform, we empower terrorists, and we cost American lives. A hidden scandal of the War on Terror is the indefensible toll in American lives due directly to excessive caution, unduly strict rules of engagement, and a military legal culture that creates palpable fear of punishment for even good-faith mistakes under fire. Read Dakota Meyer and Bing West’s Into the Fire and tell me that we don’t empower the enemy with our timidity and caution.
Our timidity isn’t moral. It’s just weak. In fact, it’s worse than weak because it’s often driven and motivated by the international Left’s lawfare — its efforts to so restrict the legal conduct of war that it essentially outlaws conventional combat. Americans weep for Mr. Weinstein and his family, but our mourning must turn not into self-doubt but into rage, a renewed resolve to find and kill terrorists — no matter how they hide, or who they hide behind.

Edited by B-Man

For Pakistani attorney Shahzad Akbar, who represents 150 victims of the strikes, including the Rehman family, President Barack Obama’s recent apology for the killing of two Americans merely underscores the double standard that exists for civilian death.

“Today, if Nabila or Zubair or many of the civilian victims — if they are watching on TV the president being so remorseful over the killing of a Westerner, what message is that taking?” Akbar said Thursday in an interview with The Intercept.

The answer, he argued, is “that you do not matter, you are children of a lesser God, and I’m only going to mourn if a Westerner is killed.”

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2015/04/24/obama-drone-apology/