Hughes

TheJuice

I haven't really seen too much discussion about his lack of discipline. I haven't researched it, but it sure seems to me he averages a costly 15 yard penalty every other game. One of those at the wrong time could easily cost us a playoff spot. Will Rex reign this in? I know the type of player he is and you'll have some of that. Unfortunately, I think it's gotten to the point that the refs are watching him close and don't give him an inch. I can honestly see this being an issue for this defense. Is anyone else concerned about this?

I haven't really seen too much discussion about his lack of discipline. I haven't researched it, but it sure seems to me he averages a costly 15 yard penalty every other game. One of those at the wrong time could easily cost us a playoff spot. Will Rex reign this in? I know the type of player he is and you'll have some of that. Unfortunately, I think it's gotten to the point that the refs are watching him close and don't give him an inch. I can honestly see this being an issue for this defense. Is anyone else concerned about this?

rex mentioned it one of his many interviews. There are so many he has done though not sure I can find it. He definitely mentioned it as a development opportunity for Hughes.

He didn't seem overly concerned and I want to say he mentioned it along with he wanted gilmore to catch more INTs

Edited by YoloinOhio

Do you recall one of the penalties was when he slapped the helmet of a teammate to celebrate a big play? Do you really think refs go in to a Bills game saying....Keep an eye on Hughes?

I'm hoping he has/will mature a bit, but I wouldn't count on Rex to rein him in at all...Rex is a "be yourself for better or worse" type of guy.

That said, aside from extending 2 or 3 drives, his PF penalties didn't do too much harm...his offside penalties on the other hand...

In terms of some of the unsportmanship penalties some of those were BS calls like the one where he touched his own player after a play.

I am more worried about him trying to jump snap counts. He goes offside way too much for a pass rusher.