MMQB: NFL team ranks last 5 yrs of QB draft evaluation

Buddy publicly said he'd take Cam at #3 before it was popular to put him up top. He got roasted for it nationally. Then Cam went 1st and turned out good, but no one ever said "You were right Buddy".

with guys like aaron williams, bradham, searcy..... buddy often looked better with time. thats not to say he was 100%, but his guys often came around. heck, even dareus started a little slow but has become among the leagues ELITE.

with guys like aaron williams, bradham, searcy..... buddy often looked better with time. thats not to say he was 100%, but his guys often came around. heck, even dareus started a little slow but has become among the leagues ELITE.

True enough, but with Nix it all comes down to the QB and he blew it. Wilson, Kaepernick ... he could have had either but didn't do it. Wilson is obviously far better than what we have but so is Kaepernick. He has really produced overall.

Edited by dave mcbride

I think the Bills had a good gauge on who else was in the market and which of those teams were also interested in EJ (NYJ and Phi?) They were looking at who might jump back into the first round to get him ( maybe at 20+) and had been burned enough over the prior years that they were not going to chance it any further than 16.

As I have often stated, if the Bills were REALLY sold on EJ being a qb who was clearly better than the rest available, they would not have traded back from #8. In my very strong opinion, they had someone else rated about as high (probably Geno Smith).

A team simply cannot afford to lose a shot at someone they feel is a great quarterback. Not these days, if ever.

As I have often stated, if the Bills were REALLY sold on EJ being a qb who was clearly better than the rest available, they would not have traded back from #8. In my very strong opinion, they had someone else rated about as high (probably Geno Smith).

A team simply cannot afford to lose a shot at someone they feel is a great quarterback. Not these days, if ever.

and since 2006 we have Luck as a great quarterback and then ....crickets.