Coincidences & superstitions about 2015 schedule

LA Grant

Oh, I'm IN to it...

There is nothing wrong with the topic to merit the IN remark.

In fact I would go so far as to say if you started a similar thread talking about the schedule coincidences of your beloved Patriots that even that thread would be IN no danger.

Did it again in 96 too, no superbowl that year tho.

The Pats loss was only by 3 too. Imagine the Patriots stomping our hearts even in the glory days,! !@#$ers

Even during the Bills' glory days, when the Pats mostly stunk, NE was a tough out for us. I was at that 1991 loss in Foxborough, by the way. As I recall, Jimbo had a very tough day. Made for a long drive home.

UP FRONT: It's the off-season. This is a thread of nonsense. Get into it or don't.

Fun coincidence about the schedule:

We face all of our Super Bowl opponents IN ORDER — Giants, then Redskins, then Cowboys — and we also play the Titans in Tennessee. All 4 of those games are very winnable. Imagine going 4-0 over teams that prevented the Bills from winning the Super Bowl in a single season.

Second fun coincidence:

The last time Buffalo had 5 road games in 6 weeks was 1991. They won 4-of-5 in that stretch.

Third fun coincidence:

This is the year of Super Bowl 50, the 25th anniversary since our first SB appearance.

Conclusion:

Beating all of the most prominent rivals in franchise history in one momentous year, the first year under a new owner, on the way to a deep playoff run would be the necessary ingredients to symbolically end the futility streak. I wouldn't mind if they also took down OJ Simpson's name from the Wall and replaced it with Flutie's, if it will appease the football gods.

Real talk, this feels like the year that Buffalo finally shakes off past failures and ghosts from the RCW era, makes a new legacy under Pegula. Close the book on the curse forever. This becomes Year One of the new Buffalo Bills.

Gugny is so filled with emotions of love and hate towards you.

"This is the year of Super Bowl 50, the 25th anniversary since our first SB appearance."

This is hard to believe; that is a long time ago. The Bills, as a franchise, was only 8 years old when I started following them. THAT seems like a long time ago, but the first Super Bowl? Remember it like yesterday. Before the kick, my wife couldn't stand to watch and went upstairs. Wish I had too!

I was a senior in high school the first super bowl. I remember it like it was a yesterday. My parents had a big super bowl party. There were a ton of people at my house. My dad & his best friend were in a super bowl pool where the winner of the final score won $15K. To win they needed Norwood to miss the kick. The only 3 people in the whole party that knew about this was me, my dad & his friend. My dad told me his numbers earlier that week. So when everybody was huddled around the TV for the kick, I looked over & my dad & his friend were just hanging in the back of the hall. When Norwood missed it there were bottles thrown, swearing,& utter disbelief & as I looked over the party some of my uncles were actually crying & then I looked out the back window & my dad & his friend were in the back yard hugging each other dancing around the yard. To this day, I really don't know if anybody besides my mom & me knew that that missed kick won my dad & his friend $15K.

I was a senior in high school the first super bowl. I remember it like it was a yesterday. My parents had a big super bowl party. There were a ton of people at my house. My dad & his best friend were in a super bowl pool where the winner of the final score won $15K. To win they needed Norwood to miss the kick. The only 3 people in the whole party that knew about this was me, my dad & his friend. My dad told me his numbers earlier that week. So when everybody was huddled around the TV for the kick, I looked over & my dad & his friend were just hanging in the back of the hall. When Norwood missed it there were bottles thrown, swearing,& utter disbelief & as I looked over the party some of my uncles were actually crying & then I looked out the back window & my dad & his friend were in the back yard hugging each other dancing around the yard. To this day, I really don't know if anybody besides my mom & me knew that that missed kick won my dad & his friend $15K.

Wow. Turns out your family started the curse. Congrats.

Even during the Bills' glory days, when the Pats mostly stunk, NE was a tough out for us. I was at that 1991 loss in Foxborough, by the way. As I recall, Jimbo had a very tough day. Made for a long drive home.

Me too...blew a big lead , Kelly threw 4 picks....miserable day

Wow. Turns out your family started the curse. Congrats.

It has crossed my mind once or twice. But remember that was the first super bowl so they did have plenty of success after that for the rest of the 90's. Benching Flutie imo started the curse & it will never be rectified unless we put him on the wall of fame & also build a statue of him right next to the statue that they are going to build of Ralph.

Me too...blew a big lead , Kelly threw 4 picks....miserable day

Sounds like this Kelly guy sucked. Hope we benched him immediately.

It has crossed my mind once or twice. But remember that was the first super bowl so they did have plenty of success after that for the rest of the 90's. Benching Flutie imo started the curse & it will never be rectified unless we put him on the wall of fame & also build a statue of him right next to the statue that they are going to build of Ralph.

I still say we sign him and put him in for one play Even if just to take a knee at the end of a game/half. Just to reverse the curse.