MMQB: The Pope, the Problems and the 2015 schedule

after seeing you upset about the road thursday games i got to thinking and this article confirmed that the saints have played 5 straight on the road before this season. a couple coming off late sunday, and even a SNF game. pretty much exclusively major sunday games into divisional games thursday

SNF vs Green bay, road carolina

late slot vs SF, road Atlanta the two consecutive years prior.

just an interesting tidbit in the every team has its schedule quirks category. interesting article though, and i think underscores how complex the process is. i dont think theres a whole lot of room for "oh yea and we have to screw the bills" in sliding in teams to slots that make sense.

Edited by NoSaint

after seeing you upset about the road thursday games i got to thinking and this article confirmed that the saints have played 5 straight on the road before this season. a couple coming off late sunday, and even a SNF game. pretty much exclusively major sunday games into divisional games thursday

SNF vs Green bay, road carolina

late slot vs SF, road Atlanta the two consecutive years prior.

just an interesting tidbit in the every team has its schedule quirks category.

as long as its not just us! Ha.

Rex back in New Jersey in Week 10. Remember the “cross-flex” rules that debuted last year? When the league could put some FOX games on CBS, and vice versa? Well, Dallas plays on Thanksgiving at home. This year it was due to be a CBS game, with an AFC road team at Dallas. There are only two AFC road teams at Dallas this year—the Jets and Patriots. CBS desperately wanted New England-Dallas as a Sunday afternoon doubleheader game. And the NFL preferred not to use the Jets here because ratings for a New York-Dallas game would be huge and wouldn’t need the Thanksgiving bump … and for another important reason. Teams can play but one short-week Thursday night game. The league wanted Bills-Jets for a Thursday-nighter. So Carolina-Dallas became the cross-flex compromise for CBS, and the NFL could save a Jets national TV exposure for a Thursday night—and the return of Rex Ryan to the Meadowlands on Nov. 12.

Buffalo. Two home games to start (Colts, Patriots), two to finish (Cowboys, Jets). That should—but I’m not sure—make up for two home games in a 10-week span late in the year.

Dallas. If the Cowboys survive New England-Giants-Seattle in games five through seven, they’ll appreciate a closing trio of the Jets-Buffalo-Washington.

Plus if you look at image and rotate it 180 degrees you can read it better and see Bills.

King's another one who doesn't think we'll beat the Pats in week 2...

until the Bills win consistently for 3 and 4 games in a row the Bills will not be picked as favorites over playoff teams

At this time I could see an 0-2 start

could they pull off an upset? sure they could.

Major construction or the pope I get, but Taylor Swift concerts or baseball games are garbage. Would the Bills get more favorable scheduling and more primetime exposure if they scheduled a bunch of teeny bopper concerts and had a MLB team?

It really bothers me how the NFL has to manipulate their schedule around baseball but it doesn't work the other way around. Stop scheduling Phillies and Orioles games on multiple home weekends in September. Looking at the schedule results of teams like us or Jacksonville (both having long stretches of road games) and hearing about how the Eagles basically made their own schedule through having conflicting events or hearing execs say they needed to do better for TV really makes me angry. It's tough not to feel like the league really only cares about teams in big markets or with marketable QBs and everyone else is just filler.

Edited by Chuck Wagon