Jurassic World

So no human-dinosaur hybrid? I think I would have liked that storyline better.

I'm pretty sure that the truck following Chris Pratt towards the end of the clip was Optimus Prime. So you still at least have a shot at dinosaur-transformer hybrids (oh wait, they did that already).

I'm not sure what to think of this movie. One of my only takeaways from this trailer is that I can't wait to see Wong from Law and Order SVU get eaten by a dinosaur. I hate that guy.

I thought this movie was out already. Feel like I've seen the trailer months ago. And that's usually a red flag for me. Correct me if I'm wrong, Greg, but aren't movies that studios are worried about get the extra long build up?

So no human-dinosaur hybrid? I think I would have liked that storyline better.

Because that's what the world really needs: a Jurassic Park-Land of the Lost cross-over.

I'm not sure what to think of this movie. One of my only takeaways from this trailer is that I can't wait to see Wong from Law and Order SVU get eaten by a dinosaur. I hate that guy.

I was always under the impression he got eaten in the first one.

This is the second Jurassic Park movie he's been in. That doesn't bode well...

I was always under the impression he got eaten in the first one.

This is the second Jurassic Park movie he's been in. That doesn't bode well...

That just shows you how long it has been since I watched that movie. They killed Newman but not that guy? Stupid Steven Spielberg!

This movie looks tired. Isn't it really the same story about us creating dinosaurs that feast on the tourists? This movie series is in a tough spot - somewhere between Godzilla and Planet of the Apes.

I saw a trailer for Iron Sky where Nazis are not only riding dinosaurs but underground. Now that's a concept.

This movie looks tired. Isn't it really the same story about us creating dinosaurs that feast on the tourists? This movie series is in a tough spot - somewhere between Godzilla and Planet of the Apes.

I saw a trailer for Iron Sky where Nazis are not only riding dinosaurs but underground. Now that's a concept.

There's a cheap sci-fi book "Dinosaur Wars" that postulates dinosaurs colonized the moon before the K-T extinction, and invade the earth 65 million years later.

Invading lunar veloci-astronauts. !@#$, yeah.

I'm pretty sure that the truck following Chris Pratt towards the end of the clip was Optimus Prime. So you still at least have a shot at dinosaur-transformer hybrids (oh wait, they did that already).

Even dinosaurs know they'll just be hungry 30 minutes later if they eat Asian.

I thought this movie was out already. Feel like I've seen the trailer months ago. And that's usually a red flag for me. Correct me if I'm wrong, Greg, but aren't movies that studios are worried about get the extra long build up?

Sometimes that's very true, especially in the early 2000s and before. The bigger warning sign is changing the release date from summer to February or something like that. For big movies like this and the avengers, the studio marketing departments have been adapting a longer roll out, I'm not sure if it's effective or not but seems to be the new trend.

I'm with you though, this movie seems like it's come out twice already.

• 2 months later...

I just watched it (and the theater was still packed. I had to sit up front).

It's better than the last two Jurassic Park movies. It helped that Starlord was in it.

It's exactly what you would expect, so I wasn't disappointed. Although, Bryce Dallas Howard's indestructable stilletoes was a surprise.

3 kids under 5, net chance of cinema viewing- zero. What's the "central dinosaur" seeing TRex & Spinosaurus have been done. I'm thinking a giganotosaurus, which with spell check on was actually quite funny... Now it (spell check) knows it's giganotosaurus i can't reproduce it, but it's great 16 year old humour...