Alex Boone: Harbaugh might be "clinically insane"

I think that what he said about Harbaugh being in the "right place" is correct. Get a player for a few years and have control over his life. Harbaugh seems like someone who needs to control everything he can about his players; that's much more likely to occur in college than the pros. I think he'll do a good job selling himself to parents of recruits & success on the field will follow.

Whether he can summit Mt. Urban is another subject for another time.

I think Chip is the same way.

I agree - but, he was able to get the control over the organization that Harbaugh never got. So the power struggle that led to Harbaugh leaving won't happen. Chip will be lucky to have the success Harbaugh did in the NFL, imo. Not saying he can't, but Harbaugh won a lot of playoff games and went to the SB.

I just wonder what effect this had on Roman last year

@SportsCenter: 49ers guard Alex Boone says former coach Jim Harbaugh "pushed guys too far" & "might be clinically insane." » http://t.co/1CwayUp7OW

but he wins so it's all good.

When he sees how the team does without Harbaugh, he'll be the one who is clinical ... depressed that is. No more Super Bowl dreams for the Niners.

this

This is the proof of insanity that Boone offered:

"He wanted too much, demanded too much, expected too much. You know, ‘We gotta go out and do this. We gotta go out and do this. We gotta go out and do this.’"

A less brain injured Boone said this less than a year ago:

"So what’s the problem? I’m confused. Is winning not good? Is business not a’booming right now, boys?"

Looks like certain players had no problem with the 3 consecutive NFCC (and one SB) Harbaugh intantly delivered, but they turn on him after an 8-8 season.

Maybe Alex Boone can check in with us all after a few games with "Jim Tomsula"...

I get it

This type of coaching does well for a while......but after a while it starts falling on deaf ears.....players start tuning you out.

This is a very college coach mentality. I've seen this in many, including my own, college coach. Things are run more like the military than a sports team. By all accounts, I hear Nick Saban is the absolute worst. I think this is why guys like him are super successful in college and not in the NFL.

I think that what he said about Harbaugh being in the "right place" is correct. Get a player for a few years and have control over his life. Harbaugh seems like someone who needs to control everything he can about his players; that's much more likely to occur in college than the pros. I think he'll do a good job selling himself to parents of recruits & success on the field will follow.

Whether he can summit Mt. Urban is another subject for another time.

Agreed. I also wonder if he sticks. He doesn't seem to last longer than 3-4 seasons before his schtick gets old. He's definitely in a better spot in college than in the pros, though. His players will be college kids and will only be around him for 3-5 years so that'll help. If he wins and beats tOSU the scUM boosters and fans will let a lot slide. As a tOSU alum I am not exactly rooting for him. We shall see.