PFT's all-unemployed team

Is he still in Da'league?

Yeah, he spent 2014 at home after the Colts cut him for getting arrested

Sorry - I screwed it up the first time but then fixed it shortly after. Hopefully you can get it now.

Works.

The two on the list I most wonder about are Joe Barksdale (RT) and Justin Blalock (G).

Barksdale was kind of a bust for Oakland, getting cut in his 2nd season, but he has generally gotten good reviews as a RT for the Rams. He's 6'5" and 325 lb. The gouge is the Rams want him back but weren't willing to meet his asking price before FA. It's possible his price is still higher than teams think he's worth, but the other way of thinking about it is maybe the Bills need to revise upward what they're willing to spend for a good lineman. He's only 26.

The Falcon's OL wasnt good last year but previously Blalock was a pretty solid LG. He did have a 7.7M cap hit (see above re what teams think he's worth etc).

DUI but the Chiefs signed him this January

Shocked Mike Williams is on there. Doesn't some GM know he had a bunch of touchdowns 3 years ago?

Maybe they all have to check in with the highly regarded Jax OL coach before deciding and he is too busy/important to get back to them.

Hmmmmm.......Maybe Alex Carrington should have signed that offer we gave him.

Or maybe he's just not that good, but yes, I'm sure he is thinking twice about that DB agent he is employing.. On a side note - I still crack up every time I see someone post a comment on how we should have retained Da'Rick. I will never understand the man-love for that guy.

Edited by Homey D. Clown

Or maybe he's just not that good, but yes, I'm sure he is thinking twice about that DB agent he is employing.. On a side note - I still crack up every time I see someone post a comment on how we should have retained Da'Rick. I will never understand the man-love for that guy.

The man-love was because he was/is physically more gifted than Sammy Watkins and if he got his head on straight, he could have been a nice receiver.

This is why when people say stuff like, Clay isn't worth the money, we have Gray and Gragg who are the same size and can do the same thing, it drives me crazy. There are a lot of guys with great measurables that don't pan out for whatever reason.

The man-love was because he was/is physically more gifted than Sammy Watkins and if he got his head on straight, he could have been a nice receiver.

This is why when people say stuff like, Clay isn't worth the money, we have Gray and Gragg who are the same size and can do the same thing, it drives me crazy. There are a lot of guys with great measurables that don't pan out for whatever reason.

yup. the guy is well on his way to proving his doubters correct. but as to why people liked him, heres the quote i mentioned not having seen before:

Bills scout Tom Roth was high enough on Rogers ability to declare that he was more talented than two of his former Vols teammates, 2013 first-round pick Cordarrelle Patterson and 2013 second-round pick Justin Hunter.

Hes the most polished of those three Tennessee receivers in my opinion in terms of route running and all that, Roth said. He reminds me physically of Eric Moulds, that body type. Thats what I thought when I saw him. A big, physical, muscular guy. Explosive. He had a 39-inch vertical. He ran a 4.48 at the Combine. Hes got all the physical stuff.

its a shame when guys cant get their heads on straight.

Yeah, he spent 2014 at home after the Colts cut him for getting arrested

Works.

The two on the list I most wonder about are Joe Barksdale (RT) and Justin Blalock (G).

Barksdale was kind of a bust for Oakland, getting cut in his 2nd season, but he has generally gotten good reviews as a RT for the Rams. He's 6'5" and 325 lb. The gouge is the Rams want him back but weren't willing to meet his asking price before FA. It's possible his price is still higher than teams think he's worth, but the other way of thinking about it is maybe the Bills need to revise upward what they're willing to spend for a good lineman. He's only 26.

The Falcon's OL wasnt good last year but previously Blalock was a pretty solid LG. He did have a 7.7M cap hit (see above re what teams think he's worth etc).

DUI but the Chiefs signed him this January

Barksdale was the guy who stood out to me. He's only 26 so he should have some quality years left and graded out very well in the run game. He must want PAID.

Hmmmmm.......Maybe Alex Carrington should have signed that offer we gave him.

He still would be a good fit for what Pettine ran to years ago. Whether or not what Rex is trying to do this year is close enough to overlap,but he would be a 5-tech that could complete the D-line,and I bet he comes cheap.

He's not even close to being as physically gifted as Sammy when it comes to game speed, cutting ability, tracking the ball, running crisp routes, hand control vs defenders etc. Pretty much everything that's important to succeed in the NFL darick doesn't have. Which is why he will always be a cusp player at best.

Running and jumping aren't enough.