Let's grab this guy

Frez

Patriots | Could Low Ball Andruzzi - from www.KFFL.com

Tue, 8 Feb 2005 10:36:08 -0800

Michael Felger, of the Boston Herald, reports the New England Patriots may be unwilling to offer free agent-to-be G Joe Andruzzi much more than the $1.2 million salary he earned in 2004. Andruzzi is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent in March.

He played great for the Pats...but perhaps he's the Damien Woody of '05 free agency?

Still probably an upgrade at LG so let's get it done!

232820[/snapback]

Thing was, Damien Woody was all talk...he never really had a dominating season. Andruzzi has played consistently throughout his entire career...him and Villarial would give us two very nasty Guards.

Thing was, Damien Woody was all talk...he never really had a dominating season.  Andruzzi has played consistently throughout his entire career...him and Villarial would give us two very nasty Guards.

232830[/snapback]

I think you might be selling Woody's play a little short ....

Woody - 5 seasons w/NE - 2.8 sacks allowed - 14 penalties for 85 yards (2 games missed)

Andruzzi - 5 seasons w/NE - 3.1 sacks allowed - 21 penalties for 191 yards (8 games missed)

I'm not all that thrilled with him. I like Mayberry from Philly-more size. Although deep down Lawrence Smith will push anybody they bring in for next year. I truly like Smith but I agree we need somebody in that left guard spot other than Tucker.