Tim Graham interview with CJ Spiller

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Amen

Spiller is and has always been a class act. I wish him nothing but the best in NOLA. I have a feeling that he is in line for a big year in that Payton offense. He is the prototype for what they have done so successfully.

I hope he stays healthy. If so, he will be ridiculous in that offense!

It's really hard to dislike CJ. I know many here try -- primarily because they didn't agree with where he was drafted -- but he's total class and always gave it his all. Hope he has a great year in New Orleans (but I still hope Shady has a better one here).

The real interesting thing about the article is not what spiller said its that graham a buffalo reporter followed up on an outgoing player for a story. I'm not sure I've seen this level of digging for an NFL story but it goes to show there is an infinite demand for information out there.

The real interesting thing about the article is not what spiller said its that graham a buffalo reporter followed up on an outgoing player for a story. I'm not sure I've seen this level of digging for an NFL story but it goes to show there is an infinite demand for information out there.

not rare for a decent player or high pick to get a little follow up story here and there.

It is pretty crazy to think how far this organization has come in recent years. Clearly they are not over the hump yet when it comes to finding a franchise QB and making the playoffs. Hopefully this year. But ... hometown discounts? Sad to leave the city? No trashing of buffalo on the way out? FAs lining up to come here? Stars want to retire here? Cover of SI? Bring it on!

Edited by YoloinOhio

Good guy like most of these guys are but this is about football and CJ was a Bust for the Bills.

I think that bust is pretty harsh. He was poorly used and still had a couple of good years when healthy. If he stays healthy he will be a monster in Payton's system. Spiller isn't a guy that you "run until he pukes." He is a weapon not really a RB. Just watch how Sean Payton uses him in the screen game, on jet sweeps, returning kicks and with a handful of carries in space. Neither Reggie Bush nor Darren Sproles have Spiller's natural ability and both of them flourished in that role. He is the prototype for what they do. People are going to talk about it like a "career resurgence" when in reality it will just be Spiller being used properly. Edited by Kirby Jackson