ESPN's Britt McHenry on video berating tow lot employee

YoloinOhio

I know. I flipped out. I consulted with a university lawyer that represents students there. She said it wasn't worth it to fight the city. Just ridiculous how they prey on students.

Back in the early 1990's, @ UofI in Champaign my wife got her vehicle towed from Walgreens... She knew she was parking there illegally and had to get here car out of the hooscow! LoL... She has a Masters in English, I don't obviously... In parking and all things mechanical and geographically aware, she is a foundering ship. I was like: "WTF you park there for... Right by the tow away sign for non-customers." She's like, they never touched it before... Wallbash! Me: " Well, they were building a file on that POS 1990 Hyundai Excel!" Her: "Don't call my car nasty names." ;-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without hearing what the employee is saying or knowing the back story that lead to it, I'm not sure how do many of you can determine she was out of line. How ironic that many of you want to knock her off her pedestal while staying perched high upon your own.

"The bubble headed bleach blonde comes on @ 9, she can tell you about the plane crash with a gleam in her eye."

Just for the record... Many tow companies are scum and hook vehicles while not following the rules, or the rules are above them or the municipality.

That said, I don't condone what Britt did... But who cares. Here sense of entitlement (youth and looks) is more important in society than the city's/tow company... They (towing company) are more parasitic.

It is hypocritical that she is ripping the person on looks and brains when it wasn't her brains that got her the ESPN job. Sure there is some matter of a Northwestern journalism degree, but that ain't crap without her God-given looks, who is anybody kidding. As I said, tow companies can be the real scum of the earth, hooking legally parked vehicles and then the burden is on the registered owner as others in this thread have said. BUT, you still don't beat a dirty prostitute, they gotta job to do too! LoL... ;-)

The bubble headed bleach blonde is 4 hours late.

The bubble headed bleach blonde is 4 hours late.

This is true.

I take no side. If anything, I lean towards Britt's side. What she said was mean, but it is like Rob's House said. I absolutely don't think she should be fired. People are making too big a deal about this when they call her out... It brings too much attention to why ESPN hired her in the first place (her looks). The towing company gets it by not wanting her fired, they realize the tactics they use or have been used when towing vehicles.

This is true.

I take no side. If anything, I lean towards Britt's side. What she said was mean, but it is like Rob's House said. I absolutely don't think she should be fired. People are making too big a deal about this when they call her out... It brings too much attention to why ESPN hired her in the first place (her looks). The towing company gets it by not wanting her fired, they realize the tactics they use or have been used when towing vehicles.

I can only speak for myself, here ... I'm not saying that any person who goes on a similar rant should be fired from his/her job. I am saying, however, that someone who is paid to be a personality on the most-watched sports channel in the world should be fired from his/her job after a rant like this.

To me, it's like a school bus driver getting a DWI. Someone whose profession it is to provide safe transportation should lose his/her job if they are convicted of DWI. It's relevant. There are different expectations for different professions.

One who is in the public eye the world's biggest sports entertainment channel should be held to different standards by the network. If they want to be the leading network, they should only have the best people working for them.

I can't see how they can believe that Britt McHenry is on that level after what she did.

That's why I think she should be fired. Because of what she did as a person in her profession ... not simply because of what she did.

EDIT: One more clarification - I think ESPN is pure crap. When I call them the "leading network," I'm not saying they're tops on any list I have.

Edited by Gugny

I can only speak for myself, here ... I'm not saying that any person who goes on a similar rant should be fired from his/her job. I am saying, however, that someone who is paid to be a personality on the most-watched sports channel in the world should be fired from his/her job after a rant like this.

To me, it's like a school bus driver getting a DWI. Someone whose profession it is to provide safe transportation should lose his/her job if they are convicted of DWI. It's relevant. There are different expectations for different professions.

One who is in the public eye the world's biggest sports entertainment channel should be held to different standards by the network. If they want to be the leading network, they should only have the best people working for them.

I can't see how they can believe that Britt McHenry is on that level after what she did.

That's why I think she should be fired. Because of what she did as a person in her profession ... not simply because of what she did.

She's a reporter, not a personality.

EDIT: One more clarification - I think ESPN is pure crap. When I call them the "leading network," I'm not saying they're tops on any list I have.

Kinda like Marv Albert bagging hookers? He's still doing games. I do get what you are saying, I guess it is reasonable to have a conduct policy.

Won't this rant "help" her image. Like somebody (Pete, Peter, I can't remember) said above. I don't think it's the Sunday School/teetotaler crowd ESPN is digging when people turn into watching Britt. Wouldn't one kinda expect this type of personality out of the "eye candy" line of work.

I know this is a harsh thing to say... But, let's call it it what it is... No big deal.

Personally, I think I should be allowed to act like as big of a douche as I want to with minimal repercussions because I'm an inconsequential nobody, but anyone else who ever fails to live up to my idealized code of ethics and conduct should face harsh consequences, which at a minimum includes losing their livelihood.

America, where your life is so good you can always find something to be offended about.

You can say that again! Way too much time on people's hands. Being offended has become their hobby.

Personally, I think I should be allowed to act like as big of a douche as I want to with minimal repercussions because I'm an inconsequential nobody, but anyone else who ever fails to live up to my idealized code of ethics and conduct should face harsh consequences, which at a minimum includes losing their livelihood.

Ha! Too funny...

Without hearing what the employee is saying or knowing the back story that lead to it, I'm not sure how do many of you can determine she was out of line. How ironic that many of you want to knock her off her pedestal while staying perched high upon your own.

Actually, there is a version of the video where you can hear the employee...she was very polite.

I don't necessarily think this person should be fired from their job, though I do think she is a repulsive !@#$.

Not sure what is more annoying at this point in time...those who get offended by everything, or those who defend everything that people get offended by, just because, you know...that is what they do... defending boorish behavior, just for the hell of it.

Edited by Buftex