ESPN's Britt McHenry on video berating tow lot employee

YoloinOhio

Can we fire her before we find out anything more?

Ha!

We will see if any more comes out but if the employee was abusing her power on the job for a shady company I'll say it would be amusing (in a not very funny way) if the victim of that was professionally disciplined for her reaction while off the clock and the other got a mob on her side.

But we will see if we ever get the video or details of the tow. Still not saying mchenry was in the right even if the worst comes out but it'd be interesting to see reactions

Edited by NoSaint

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha!

We will see if any more comes out but if the employee was abusing her power on the job for a shady company

So,'why do you assume that are a shady company? And I ain't buying cause their reviews on YELP suck, or the BBB has an F rating.....cause nobody likes their car towed.

I think an important question has been overlooked here.

Would ya?

I assume you talking bout the clerk?

Raise your hand if you've never said anything to someone in society because you were pissed off. Yeah. Thought so.

A. No matter how much you defend her, she's not going to go out with you and

B. Not me, not to that degree. Have I been pissed off? Absolutely. Have I let people know it? For sure. Have I stooped to that level of personal insults? No way.

You get a lot further in bad customer service situations by being direct and forceful, but respectful.

So,'why do you assume that are a shady company? And I ain't buying cause their reviews on YELP suck, or the BBB has an F rating.....cause nobody likes their car towed.

I'm saying it's very possible because of the types of complaints they have (not simply the score), because the local paper has done coverage on their terrible local reputation prior to this (or do all papers do that?), because they released edited video of this (really, that doesn't make you wonder about their ethics here at all?), etc... And it's an industry that does often cross the line a bit because it's not terribly well regulated a lot of places, and comes with a "they'll hate us anyway so who cares how we treat them" attitude in a lot of cases.

I'm not declaring them terrible but did actually read up on them a bit and there are the red flags of a low class company.

What reasons do you have to assume they are professional and respectable?

I'm saying it's very possible because of the types of complaints they have (not simply the score), because the local paper has done coverage on their terrible local reputation prior to this (or do all papers do that?), because they released edited video of this (really, that doesn't make you wonder about their ethics here at all?), etc... And it's an industry that does often cross the line a bit because it's not terribly well regulated a lot of places, and comes with a "they'll hate us anyway so who cares how we treat them" attitude in a lot of cases.

I'm not declaring them terrible but did actually read up on them a bit and there are the red flags of a low class company.

What reasons do you have to assume they are professional and respectable?

I was just busting saint , no emo thingees on phone.

So you in on the would ya for the clerk?

Edited by plenzmd1

I was just busting saint , no emo thingees on phone.

So you in on the would ya for the clerk?

Fair enough! It just catches my attention a little when we see the great American social media mobs. Seems to circle a convenient storyline and ignore the curious questions.

And it's got to be a wouldya on the tow girl- I mean, none of us are questioning mchenry- right?!?

"The bubble headed bleach blonde comes on @ 9, she can tell you about the plane crash with a gleam in her eye."

Just for the record... Many tow companies are scum and hook vehicles while not following the rules, or the rules are above them or the municipality.

That said, I don't condone what Britt did... But who cares. Here sense of entitlement (youth and looks) is more important in society than the city's/tow company... They (towing company) are more parasitic.

It is hypocritical that she is ripping the person on looks and brains when it wasn't her brains that got her the ESPN job. Sure there is some matter of a Northwestern journalism degree, but that ain't crap without her God-given looks, who is anybody kidding. As I said, tow companies can be the real scum of the earth, hooking legally parked vehicles and then the burden is on the registered owner as others in this thread have said. BUT, you still don't beat a dirty prostitute, they gotta job to do too! LoL... ;-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Fair enough! It just catches my attention a little when we see the great American social media mobs. Seems to circle a convenient storyline and ignore the curious questions.

And it's got to be a wouldya on the tow girl- I mean, none of us are questioning mchenry- right?!?

I guess if you play for the other team...its mchenry...

it actually read "please don't park here overnight". http://nypost.com/2015/04/19/espn-rager-britt-mchenry-abandoned-car-in-lot-overnight/

It did not read "please don't park here overnight- unless you are britt mchenry"

I am not being a smartazz... But doesn't it have to state the penalty for such an infraction. Sure, pleases and thank yous are nice... But they send a mix message. Put the ramifcation on the sign and maybe people will take it seriously.

Yeah... I know that is ridiculous, but people like Britt are ridiculous. Heck, most people simpky don't do the right thing unless you go all alpha on them.

It's plane crash, Riddler.

No schit Derwood... Tell that to autocorrect.

Same in Ann Arbor. They once put up a temporary no parking sign after I had parked there and towed me. If you don't check on your car for a few days (like I didnt), that's like $200 per day, plus all the towing costs plus the tickets.

I think I paid over 1000$ for about 4 incidents when I was there.

How can they do that? Put up a sign where a car is parked, that's crazy...