ESPN's Britt McHenry on video berating tow lot employee

YoloinOhio

I get what you are saying, but in my experience everybody goes batchit on the tow company. I find it really hard to believe they make a practice out towing cars legally parked....and continue to operate in Alexandria.people just hate having their car towed and blame it on the tow company....but they are hired for a reason...tow illegally parked cars, plain and simple. Having said that, i i don't know if the clerk egged her on or not, but i do believe most people retrieve their car in a foul mood.

It is, and if not in a public position would be ridiculous. But, this is about a brand at ESPN, so i can see if they feel she hurt their brand.

ESPN's brand is reporting on a bunch of overpaid lugs playing games. Not much of a brand in my mind. ;)

Edited by Chef Jim

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't blame her for being upset (I've had my car towed 5-6 times at OSU - they totally prey on college kids). It is a very frustrating experience. They have vague signs to begin with all over campus and they just cruise the lots, looking for cars they can technically take, then you have the inconvenience of having to get to the lot and all the fees involved. I've seen lots of people upset at the tow company, but never hurling F bombs and personal insults at the clerk.

The personal insults are where I cringe, especially as a public figure and knowing she is on video. And that she apparently was the one in the wrong to begin with. The towing company said she was illegally parked in a space that said it was for the restaurant only 2 hours after it closed and had gone to a nearby bar. She stared up into the camera and then apparently just thought, "F it I"m going after this employee because Im pissed, I don't care if everyone in the world sees it." I don't think she should be fired for it but doubt she lives it down anytime soon. There will be memes of "Lose some weight, baby girl" all over... Lol

Edited by YoloinOhio

Team Britt McHenry. I was towed once and the video looked the same.

Enjoy my 200.00 for towing my car 3 blocks #}^{**{*#€}%{*er! The a hole who was supposed to release my car, left to go pick up another car while I waited for him to return to fleece me.

Tow companies are mostly scumbags. Non story imo. I'd like to see the naysayers reactions here in the same situation.

Not even close. Mchenry is a total smokeshow.

that's what I said :thumbsup:

there is no bad publicize as long as they spell your name right. I had no idea who the !@#$ Britt whatever her name is before this. She should pose for playboy or something before her 15 minutes are up....and she is a horrible person who deserves what ever is coming to her

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/source-espn-reporter-britt-mchenry-200100450.html

However, according to a source, the Advanced Towing employee was "rude, dismissive and taunting," and the tape released is "highly edited" to show only McHenry in an unflattering light. For example, her dig to "lose some weight, baby girl" was allegedly a response to the employee telling her to "fix your roots."

Can I be outraged at the tow employee for saying mean things too, or do we still just hate the pretty girl?

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/source-espn-reporter-britt-mchenry-200100450.html

Can I be outraged at the tow employee for saying mean things too, or do we still just hate the pretty girl?

you can be outraged by whatever you want. We don't know what the employee said though (the "source" in this article that said the employee told her to fix her roots is probably McHenry's agent or McHenry herself). If there is a video with the employee insulting a customer then the employee will probably be fired. Edited by YoloinOhio

you can be outraged by whatever you want. We don't know what the employee said though (the "source" in this article that said the employee told her to fix her roots is probably McHenry's agent or McHenry herself). If there is a video with the employee insulting a customer then the employee will probably be fired.

The "fix your roots" comment is the one you cam actually hear in the video. She says it right before Britt talks about her teeth.

you can be outraged by whatever you want. We don't know what the employee said though (the "source" in this article that said the employee told her to fix her roots is probably McHenry's agent or McHenry herself). If there is a video with the employee insulting a customer then the employee will probably be fired.

If the employer edited out their employees comments and distributed I think there's a pretty darn good chance that they are well aware of her conduct and don't care.... And as the video has been highly edited (I've got to ask if you really didn't notice earlier) I've got to think there is a pretty good chance that there is back and forth going on. Like I said, if the employee was professional the unedited would be even more embarrassing for mchenry.

The model calling the tow employee ugly is easy red meat to get worked up with but come on.... At this point you really don't think there's more to this story?

If the employer edited out their employees comments and distributed I think there's a pretty darn good chance that they are well aware of her conduct and don't care.... And as the video has been highly edited (I've got to ask if you really didn't notice earlier) I've got to think there is a pretty good chance that there is back and forth going on. Like I said, if the employee was professional the unedited would be even more embarrassing for mchenry.

The model calling the tow employee ugly is easy red meat to get worked up with but come on.... At this point you really don't think there's more to this story?

Can we fire her before we find out anything more?