ESPN's Britt McHenry on video berating tow lot employee

YoloinOhio

Team Britt McHenry. I was towed once and the video looked the same.

Enjoy my 200.00 for towing my car 3 blocks #}^{**{*#}%{*er! The a hole who was supposed to release my car, left to go pick up another car while I waited for him to return to fleece me.

Tow companies are mostly scumbags. Non story imo. I'd like to see the naysayers reactions here in the same situation.

Don't park where you can get towed.....simple. As I said earlier, been on the other side where I need people towed. The $200 is doing what it is supposed to do.... Be a deterrent from parking illegally.

IRS people have but a hurt on me 10000x times worse than this minor inconvenience , I never acted like that.

When the guy at dry cleaners didn't have my suit and shirts right before a major meeting, I didn't act like that. And that is stressful, when you have massive sale on the line and you are going into a meeting with jeans... Not being inconvenienced for an hour and paying $200 CAUSE YOU WERE PARKED ILLEGALLY!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the same as, "and uploaded for the rest of the world to see"

There really isn't much in the way of a right to privacy these days...and McHenry is a public figure. I don't think there's much to this angle.

The tow company may not be well run based on the ratings, but she didn't cuss out the company, she cussed out/threw personal insults/big-timed someone who simply works there. The employee was just the clerk. I don't think the employee was the one who actually made the decision to tow her car, she is just the one who collects the money.

Edited by YoloinOhio

The thing that bothers me amongst others in this story is the fact that you're a "celebrity" of sorts, she tells you you're on camera and you keep going. Have some situational awareness, think of the consequences of your actions and realize insulting this womans appearance and teeth isn't worth the risk of losing your job. You proved nothing except you're a small nasty person who thinks she is better than someone else.

I hope they boot her to the curb to teach her a lesson.

Don't park where you can get towed.....simple. As I said earlier, been on the other side where I need people towed. The $200 is doing what it is supposed to do.... Be a deterrent from parking illegally.

IRS people have but a hurt on me 10000x times worse than this minor inconvenience , I never acted like that.

When the guy at dry cleaners didn't have my suit and shirts right before a major meeting, I didn't act like that. And that is stressful, when you have massive sale on the line and you are going into a meeting with jeans... Not being inconvenienced for an hour and paying $200 CAUSE YOU WERE PARKED ILLEGALLY!

plenz, I hate to give you a hard time but it seems you arent considering the fact that some of these companies dont have the highest standards and towed cars arent always parked illegally. and also can come with quite a bit of attitude and indifference to the people effected. if the guy told you the suit wasnt ready but you found out he wore it to a party the night before, and then he give you attitude - your reaction could be different. though i doubt youd insult his teeth, you might say some ugly stuff. having worked in service, ive been chewed out for things that werent my fault, but having lived in a bit of a banana republic city, ive dealt with service that should be illegal too. i guess thats why im curious to see the uncut.

if she was parked illegally and the person was professional about it then she is a special kind of jerk. but it very well could be that she came in upset about a situation that is the fault of the company and the girl behind the window poked at the wasp nest that was buzzing about the car already. (again with the disclaimer that it doesnt excuse it, but....). you really dont have any reservations about the way the video is clipped together?

Edited by NoSaint

She's a B word no doubt. But why should she be fired?

Because she's presenting a poor image for the company that employs her. It's not Bob's burger joint where she works in the back and no one knows who she is. She is one of many faces of a company that is in the public view constantly. Her bosses have to be looking at the image she is portraying which reflects poorly on her employer for hiring someone who acts in that manner.

It's similar to the situation with the CEO who got fired because he videotaped his verbal assault on the Chik-Fil-A employee. Yes the difference is she didn't plan hers out, but she knew there was a camera and it reflects poorly on her and the image of her company which employs her.

Because she's presenting a poor image for the company that employs her. It's not Bob's burger joint where she works in the back and no one knows who she is. She is one of many faces of a company that is in the public view constantly. Her bosses have to be looking at the image she is portraying which reflects poorly on her employer for hiring someone who acts in that manner.

It's similar to the situation with the CEO who got fired because he videotaped his verbal assault on the Chik-Fil-A employee. Yes the difference is she didn't plan hers out, but she knew there was a camera and it reflects poorly on her and the image of her company which employs her.

Pretty hefty price to pay for a "one time" indiscretion IMO.

But why do you want her fired?

But why do you want her fired?

I'd like her to be fired to show that your actions have consequences. People don't ever change if they aren't held accountable for their actions and behaviors.

plenz, I hate to give you a hard time but it seems you arent considering the fact that some of these companies dont have the highest standards and towed cars arent always parked illegally. and also can come with quite a bit of attitude and indifference to the people effected. if the guy told you the suit wasnt ready but you found out he wore it to a party the night before, and then he give you attitude - your reaction could be different. though i doubt youd insult his teeth, you might say some ugly stuff. having worked in service, ive been chewed out for things that werent my fault, but having lived in a bit of a banana republic city, ive dealt with service that should be illegal too. i guess thats why im curious to see the uncut.

if she was parked illegally and the person was professional about it then she is a special kind of jerk. but it very well could be that she came in upset about a situation that is the fault of the company and the girl behind the window poked at the wasp nest that was buzzing about the car already. (again with the disclaimer that it doesnt excuse it, but....). you really dont have any reservations about the way the video is clipped together?

I get what you are saying, but in my experience everybody goes batchit on the tow company. I find it really hard to believe they make a practice out towing cars legally parked....and continue to operate in Alexandria.people just hate having their car towed and blame it on the tow company....but they are hired for a reason...tow illegally parked cars, plain and simple. Having said that, i i don't know if the clerk egged her on or not, but i do believe most people retrieve their car in a foul mood.

It is, and if not in a public position would be ridiculous. But, this is about a brand at ESPN, so i can see if they feel she hurt their brand.

I say worse about you in private messages to admins on an almost weekly basis... :-)

Whatever you've said...worse has been said by people I actually respect.

:nana:

:lol: :lol:

I wonder if she has a personal conduct policy in her employment contract?

She works for Disney, she absolutely does.

I get what you are saying, but in my experience everybody goes batchit on the tow company. I find it really hard to believe they make a practice out towing cars legally parked....and continue to operate in Alexandria.people just hate having their car towed and blame it on the tow company....but they are hired for a reason...tow illegally parked cars, plain and simple. Having said that, i i don't know if the clerk egged her on or not, but i do believe most people retrieve their car in a foul mood.

i wouldnt say its their bread and butter or anything but i have seen pretty first hand both city and private companies that just dont care about following the letter of the rule. if theres no proof, and no real consequence - things get shady. but that might be skewed by the location im in.

read an article the other day and learned if i sue the city of new orleans and win - i have no recourse. theres literally no enforcement to pay out the money unless the suit was filed in federal court. they have 40m in lost lawsuits with no intention to pay any of them currently. so when they send the trucks to go out picking up cars and forcing you to pay before even getting a trial on the offense..... they have your money, and you have no recourse to get it back. ive seen them do stuff thats absurd both in practice, and on the customer service side when people look for remedies. little to do with the case here, but in situations like this ive been a bit conditioned to not assuming the company MUST be handling things properly. and like i said - the local paper had write ups about the trouble with the specific company BEFORE this video. could be pandering to people not liking tow companies, could be that this one is actually particularly terrible.

It is, and if not in a public position would be ridiculous. But, this is about a brand at ESPN, so i can see if they feel she hurt their brand.

ill agree espn should be able to choose what they want here and get the motivation.... but the social media justice network these days does get a bit crazy. some of the punishments doled out as the result of nonsensical outrage over trivial events gets tiresome. i understand why companies worry - espn doesnt want the next outrage to be "espn doesnt fire host, supports bashing average people" but man....

I've been through this exact situation, although in my case, my car was towed from a lot erroneously (I had a parking tag that the towing company simply ignored).

I was absolutely fuming at the thought of paying $150+ for doing absolutely nothing wrong. It was extortion at it's finest.

I showed up to the tow yard, took photos (with the boot still on) to prove that I had my tags, kept my mouth shut, and paid the fee. Then I went through the proper channels (contacted the company that owns the lot) to get reimbursed for my money.

I managed, despite being totally incensed, not to berate anyone in the process, even when the tow yard manager had the audacity to tell me "we saw that fake parking tag you've got hanging there...what, did you break into our yard and hang it there overnight?"

Her behavior was totally unacceptable.