NBA Playoffs

YoloinOhio

Howard never was the rightful heir to Shaqs thrown he was billed as. That said he is playing injured. The real question with Kerr's success is how much difference a coach makes? How would warriors and knicks seasons been different if he took the Knicks job?

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see Houston finally playing with a sense of urgency tonight. Too late though. They can win this one but GS in 5.

Edit: Steph Curry out after nasty fall, they are calling it a head contusion. They continue to replay it and it continues to look scary as !@#$. Thanks espn. Slo mo, even.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Nice to see Houston finally playing with a sense of urgency tonight. Too late though. They can win this one but GS in 5.

Edit: Steph Curry out after nasty fall, they are calling it a head contusion. They continue to replay it and it continues to look scary as !@#$. Thanks espn. Slo mo, even.

Curry out for finals would be consistent with the rash NBA injuries effecting post season

Warriors should be thankful that the Cavs are going to have such a long layoff. Either way, I don't see them being able to hang with the Cavs. Too much defense and too much offense. Curry will find out who the real MVP is.

Thompson playing out of his mind has been great, but Shumpert's ability to guard 1-3 extremely well is what made this team a juggernaut.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

Warriors should be thankful that the Cavs are going to have such a long layoff. Either way, I don't see them being able to hang with the Cavs. Too much defense and too much offense. Curry will find out who the real MVP is.

Thompson playing out of his mind has been great, but Shumpert's ability to guard 1-3 extremely well is what made this team a juggernaut.

Interesting take. I hope you are right, as I would love to see LBJ get Cleveland a title.

But GS is so ridiculously solid on both sides of the ball that I am giving them the edge.

I'm definitely cheering for the Cavs but I can't see them beating GS. The East is so ridiculously bad. That Atlanta team was awful regardless of their record. Cleveland is playing great but are not competing against the same level of competition. The Bulls (if healthy) are the only team in the East (besides the Cavs) that could compete in the west. I hope that Cleveland gets it done but I expect GS.

I am going to keep saying it until I am definitively proven wrong...the golden state style of play(ie, the 3's) is not a sustainable model in the nba to win....one of these days, I am going to be proven right....but for the life of me, i don't know when that day will come, GS keeps winning and winning big, it's mind blowing the way they play day in and day out. I just don't see Cleveland and their style of play losing to Golden State and their style, but so far, GS has done jack **** to prove me wrong...should be a fun finals

I'm definitely cheering for the Cavs but I can't see them beating GS. The East is so ridiculously bad. That Atlanta team was awful regardless of their record. Cleveland is playing great but are not competing against the same level of competition. The Bulls (if healthy) are the only team in the East (besides the Cavs) that could compete in the west. I hope that Cleveland gets it done but I expect GS.

I am going to keep saying it until I am definitively proven wrong...the golden state style of play(ie, the 3's) is not a sustainable model in the nba to win....one of these days, I am going to be proven right....but for the life of me, i don't know when that day will come, GS keeps winning and winning big, it's mind blowing the way they play day in and day out. I just don't see Cleveland and their style of play losing to Golden State and their style, but so far, GS has done jack **** to prove me wrong...should be a fun finals

Another interesting take. I don't follow the NBA enough to agree or disagree with you. I think you are 100% right that this model wouldn't work at the college level, where the shooters aren't as good and there are no 7-game series.

The thing is that GS isn't a good test case for you, because Curry is a ridiculous shooter.

and it's just not him...they have a stable full of ridiculous shooters and not only that, they frigging play defense...could be the new NBA way...

Another interesting take. I don't follow the NBA enough to agree or disagree with you. I think you are 100% right that this model wouldn't work at the college level, where the shooters aren't as good and there are no 7-game series.

The thing is that GS isn't a good test case for you, because Curry is a ridiculous shooter.

Hey they still haven't gotten by the rockets yet. Crazier things have happened (although admittedly not many) Edited by JTSP

yeah, as i was typing that i realized i was in serious danger of angering the M.U.T. and the sports gods....

Hey they still haven't gotten by the rockets yet. Crazier things have happened (although admittedly not many)

and it's just not him...they have a stable full of ridiculous shooters and not only that, they frigging play defense...could be the new NBA way...

The defense was what was most shocking. Had no idea that they led the league in defense too.

By the way, steve Kerr is like one of my all-time favorite players. Used to love him as a college player at Arizona. So cool to see him have this kind of success right out of the gate.

The defense was what was most shocking. Had no idea that they led the league in defense too.

By the way, steve Kerr is like one of my all-time favorite players. Used to love him as a college player at Arizona. So cool to see him have this kind of success right out of the gate.

the only bad part about Kerr coaching now is that he isn't in the broadcast booth anymore. Chris Webber and Reggie Miller can be brutal.

Golden State has played better competition than the Cavs. That isn't the Cavs fault. They can only play the teams in front of them, and they've rolled. Golden State plays great small ball, I just think the Cavs are a bad matchup for them going small.

IMO

Irving-Shumpert-Swish-LeBron-Thompsom > Curry-Thompson-Barnes-Green-Bogut

With Delly and Iggy being substituted for one on either side.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall