NBA Playoffs

YoloinOhio

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lebron sucks, I'm with FC on this one. Its really cool how he does business and listens to coaching.

Only James Harden is worse.

All that said, this series with the Bulls is the best of the playoffs so far. I thought it was going to be tough to top the Spurs v Clips, but another good one today could do it.

All that said, this series with the Bulls is the best of the playoffs so far. I thought it was going to be tough to top the Spurs v Clips, but another good one today could do it.

Yes.

blatt is such a train wreck though!

Yes. He may get canned even if they win it all.

I meant more the "I love Napier" comments. And that Riley said that they thought he was coming back. And Lebron telling DWade that they'll team up again if CLE doesn't work out.

I'm not a fan of the friendly, mercenary NBA. Give me guys who play on the same team for 10 years and have rivals on other teams. Not guys who lose to other teams, then join them in FA. I actually don't like Wade, but I respect him. I don't respect Leb.

I don't blame LeBron for leaving Cleveland. As long as he was there, the Cavs were never going to be bad enough to get a lottery pick in the draft. He wasn't lucky enough to have his team draft hall of famers. It's also very tough to get stars to want to go to Cleveland, just ask Joakim Noah.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AN0WqSeCKW8

I don't blame LeBron for leaving Cleveland. As long as he was there, the Cavs were never going to be bad enough to get a lottery pick in the draft. He wasn't lucky enough to have his team draft hall of famers. It's also very tough to get stars to want to go to Cleveland, just ask Joakim Noah.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AN0WqSeCKW8

Why'd he go back then? And how many years did the Spurs tank to draft HoFers with Duncan? Or the Lakers for the last 10 years when Kobe was healthy? Nash refused to even leave PHX until he was a year or two removed from retirement.

The fact of the matter is that Bron chose the path of least resistance to get to the Finals. Twice. He's a mercenary.

Edited by FireChan

Why'd he go back then? And how many years did the Spurs tank to draft HoFers with Duncan? Or the Lakers for the last 10 years when Kobe was healthy? Nash refused to even leave PHX until he was a year or two removed from retirement.

The fact of the matter is that Bron chose the path of least resistance to get to the Finals. Twice. He's a mercenary.

:lol: This is a joke, right? He went back to Cleveland to bring his "hometown" a championship, which he will. Playing for 2 teams does not make him a mercenary. How long did that mercenary Nash refuse to leave Dallas before he went to Phoenix? The Lakers could get any free agent they wanted, like Gasol, World Peace and Odom.

The Spurs I'll give you. They have drafted well late, and have had the best coach in pro basketball for Duncan's entire career. Can you honestly say that LeBron ever had even close to the talent put around him in Cleveland like Duncan had in San Antonio?

Edit: Wow! Duncan hasn't had a bad roster since he's been there. The only reason he was a Spur was because of the injury to David that resulted in a tank.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

:lol: This is a joke, right? He went back to Cleveland to bring his "hometown" a championship, which he will. Playing for 2 teams does not make him a mercenary. How long did that mercenary Nash refuse to leave Dallas before he went to Phoenix? The Lakers could get any free agent they wanted, like Gasol, World Peace and Odom.

The Spurs I'll give you. They have drafted well late, and have had the best coach in pro basketball for Duncan's entire career. Can you honestly say that LeBron ever had even close to the talent put around him in Cleveland like Duncan had in San Antonio?

Edit: Wow! Duncan hasn't had a bad roster since he's been there. The only reason he was a Spur was because of the injury to David that resulted in a tank.

Nash was drafted by PHX and was traded to Dallas. He didn't test FA twice.

So the 2007 era Cavs couldn't attract FA's? It was widely reported that Lebron was de facto GM by the time he left there. He talked guys up and they signed them. That terrible team he took to the Finals? All acquired in order to please Lebron, who wanted them, even with terrible contracts. And when it didn't work, he bounced.

My comparison with the Spurs is more about how Duncan didn't test FA to find a better team when they got embarrassed in the Finals. Like Lebron did. Twice. Kobe is still in LA. Hasn't left once.

Quick ?'s for you. Does Lebron leave the Heat if they won their last Finals? Does Lebron go back to Cleveland if they don't have Kyrie/in talks with Love/first overall?

The answer to both, IMO? No. He doesn't. Which makes his "I'm going home because I've grown as a person" schtick a load of crap.

I'd say Lebron's Heat team has been comparable to Duncan's Spurs. Maybe a little top heavy, but I'd take 2011 Wade over Ginobli and etc. Also, are you really gonna blame Duncan for a Spurs tank before he even was drafted? Weak.

Edited by FireChan

Nash was drafted by PHX and was traded to Dallas. He didn't test FA twice.

So the 2007 era Cavs couldn't attract FA's? It was widely reported that Lebron was de facto GM by the time he left there. He talked guys up and they signed them. That terrible team he took to the Finals? All acquired in order to please Lebron, who wanted them, even with terrible contracts. And when it didn't work, he bounced.

My comparison with the Spurs is more about how Duncan didn't test FA to find a better team when they got embarrassed in the Finals. Like Lebron did. Twice. Kobe is still in LA. Hasn't left once.

Quick ?'s for you. Does Lebron leave the Heat if they won their last Finals? Does Lebron go back to Cleveland if they don't have Kyrie/in talks with Love/first overall?

The answer to both, IMO? No. He doesn't. Which makes his "I'm going home because I've grown as a person" schtick a load of crap.

I'd say Lebron's Heat team has been comparable to Duncan's Spurs. Maybe a little top heavy, but I'd take 2011 Wade over Ginobli and etc. Also, are you really gonna blame Duncan for a Spurs tank before he even was drafted? Weak.

Any person who says Kyrie & Love being in Cleveland wasn't a factor is a liar. Of course it was a factor. Do you honestly believe that it being his hometown didn't factor in at all? He could have went anywhere. To say that it didn't factor in is silly.

If they had won the championship, I honestly don't know if he would he stayed in Miami. I'd have been frustrated too if I was LeBron and Wade and Bosh were both getting paid more than me while I carried the team. Wade sat out half of LeBron's final season there. If he did sign, Bosh would have been gone and he would have had to carry a subpar team again.

LeBron being de facto GM is a crap argument. I'm sure management took his advice on bringing in some free agents, but to blame him for the personnel is silly. Who could they have gotten, realistically? He wasn't drafting terrible players. He spent 10 years on a terrible roster that he made one of the top teams in the league from his 3rd year through when he finally left. He didn't bounce until 3 years of trying to bring that crap team back to the Finals.

Point to where I said that the tank was Duncan's fault. That doesn't mean that it wasn't a very fortunate break. Why would Duncan have left when they lost in the Finals? Their roster was fantastic. They were all sharing the heavy lifting. I hold nothing against Duncan. I think he's the best PF to ever play the game. He's also a class act. He just never needed to leave San Antonio because he always had a good thing there. There was not one year of his career that he wasn't playing with another future HOFer.

Why would Kobe leave Los Angeles (bball Mecca) after he had already won 3/5 championships? It's because he had nothing left to prove. He also got to share the load for nearly his entire career. Only recently has he had bad rosters.

Name one player on the Cavs (before he left) who was any better than the 4th best player one the Spurs/Lakers championship teams. The player has to have been playing at the level they were the year they were in Cleveland. Shaq and Antawn's better years were behind both of them by the time they got there.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

Any person who says Kyrie & Love being in Cleveland wasn't a factor is a liar. Of course it was a factor. Do you honestly believe that it being his hometown didn't factor in at all? He could have went anywhere. To say that it didn't factor in is silly.

If they had won the championship, I honestly don't know if he would he stayed in Miami. I'd have been frustrated too if I was LeBron and Wade and Bosh were both getting paid more than me while I carried the team. Wade sat out half of LeBron's final season there. If he did sign, Bosh would have been gone and he would have had to carry a subpar team again.

LeBron being de facto GM is a crap argument. I'm sure management took his advice on bringing in some free agents, but to blame him for the personnel is silly. Who could they have gotten, realistically? He wasn't drafting terrible players. He spent 10 years on a terrible roster that he made one of the top teams in the league from his 3rd year through when he finally left. He didn't bounce until 3 years of trying to bring that crap team back to the Finals.

Point to where I said that the tank was Duncan's fault. That doesn't mean that it wasn't a very fortunate break. Why would Duncan have left when they lost in the Finals? Their roster was fantastic. They were all sharing the heavy lifting. I hold nothing against Duncan. I think he's the best PF to ever play the game. He's also a class act. He just never needed to leave San Antonio because he always had a good thing there. There was not one year of his career that he wasn't playing with another future HOFer.

Why would Kobe leave Los Angeles (bball Mecca) after he had already won 3/5 championships? It's because he had nothing left to prove. He also got to share the load for nearly his entire career. Only recently has he had bad rosters.

Name one player on the Cavs (before he left) who was any better than the 4th best player one the Spurs/Lakers championship teams. The player has to have been playing at the level they were the year they were in Cleveland. Shaq and Antawn's better years were behind both of them by the time they got there.

But that's my point. Bron wanted those guys, and they sucked, then he left. He didn't feel any responsibility for those bums. You're basically saying that Miami drafting Napier had nothing to do with Lebron. That's silly.

Carrying the load or not, who bails on their team when they just went to the Finals? Lame.

How many "great" players did the Heat draft for Wade's tenure? He hasn't bailed once.

Edited by FireChan

But that's my point. Bron wanted those guys, and they sucked, then he left. He didn't feel any responsibility for those bums. You're basically saying that Miami drafting Napier had nothing to do with Lebron. That's silly.

Carrying the load or not, who bails on their team when they just went to the Finals? Lame.

How many "great" players did the Heat draft for Wade's tenure? He hasn't bailed once.

The Heat didn't draft anyone great. They did blow the 2nd overall pick (Beasley). They also gave him Shaq for the last years of his prime and Bosh and LeBron. Those three average years must have been tough on him.

Another great game! What an incredible series! Kyrie was huge tonight. LeBron played with a fire. Thompson just keeps earning himself a bigger paycheck in free agency next year. If Love goes, he'll probably stay. Especially if they win it all.

Another great game! What an incredible series! Kyrie was huge tonight. LeBron played with a fire. Thompson just keeps earning himself a bigger paycheck in free agency next year. If Love goes, he'll probably stay. Especially if they win it all.

this series is ridiculously entertaining. Lebron was money last night. I think Chicago is done. They look spent. JoaKim noah played like trash. Lol Edited by YoloinOhio

this series is ridiculously entertaining. Lebron was money last night. I think Chicago is done. They look spent. JoaKim noah played like trash. Lol

:lol: I have to agree. I give Rose a ton of credit though for playing at the level he has after all that time off.

this series is ridiculously entertaining. Lebron was money last night. I think Chicago is done. They look spent. JoaKim noah played like trash. Lol

Noah has been playing really poorly lately. In wondering if he's got something going on.

If Chi drops this series, Thibs goes right?

Noah has been playing really poorly lately. In wondering if he's got something going on.

If Chi drops this series, Thibs goes right?

last I saw (Kirby can chime in if he sees this) is that Thibs is the target of the Pelicans as they just fired their HC. I think Thibs is gone, that relationship with the Bulls FO has been very bad it seems.

last I saw (Kirby can chime in if he sees this) is that Thibs is the target of the Pelicans as they just fired their HC. I think Thibs is gone, that relationship with the Bulls FO has been very bad it seems.

Thibs is interested and the Pelicans are too. He would certainly be one of the favorites (not my 1st choice). The list of candidates though is longer than the Bills was. If a guy has ever coached basketball he has been linked to the job. It sounds like the relationship between Thibs and the Bulls has really soured.

The irony is that the then Hornets had their coaching search narrowed down to Monty and Thibs. The 2 people interviewing each preferred one (ever so slightly) to the other. They went with Monty. Also, as an aside apparently Avery Johnson was the worst interview in the history of interviews.