I'm confused...about Brandon Spikes

The race card is played....awesome!! What else can you throw in the way of Spikes thinking Hernadez got a raw deal for committing murder, or thinks that playing for the Patriots was in fact slavery?? I think OJ is innocent, so there...

What have I missed?

At what point has Spikes insinuated that "Hernandez got a raw deal for committing Murder?"

Seriously, back that up. If you can't, it's a super obnoxious thing to say.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What have I missed?

At what point has Spikes insinuated that "Hernandez got a raw deal for committing Murder?"

Seriously, back that up. If you can't, it's a super obnoxious thing to say.

Because Spikes said this:

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-16%20at%207.24.3

Two questions for you... Do you really think it's a stretch that I made that inclination? And are you confused about the justice system in the Hernandez case?

Because Spikes said this:

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-16%20at%207.24.3

Two questions for you... Do you really think it's a stretch that I made that inclination? And are you confused about the justice system in the Hernandez case?

Yes and no.

Yes, you're stretching to put words into Spikes' mouth. No, I'm not confused about the justice system in the Hernandez case. Neither do I think is Spikes.

"IM CONFUSED ABOUT THE JUSTICE SYSTEM THESE DAYS !!!"

"Hernandez got a raw deal for committing murder."

To equate the first statement with the second statement is dishonest trolling, and misrepresents a Bills player, to which any fan should take exception.

Edited by Rocky Landing

Yes and no.

Yes, you're stretching to put words into Spikes' mouth. No, I'm not confused about the justice system in the Hernandez case. Neither do I think is Spikes.

To equate the first statement with the second statement is dishonest trolling, and misrepresents a Bills player, to which any fan should take exception.

What do you think Spikes meant? He was obviously referring to the Hernandez verdict as the tweet was sent just a few minutes after the verdict was read. He obviously thinks Hernandez shoildnt have been convicted. I can't believe that he is dumb enough to think that there wasn't enough evidence to show guilt. So what else was it? Oh, and before you answer please note that he followed it up with this after he took flak for his comment:

“Let me get off this cus yall wanna joke and [stuff] smh #coldworld,” Spikes tweeted. “I’ll get back on [tomorrow] when yall done fake caring.”

Yes and no.

Right, he just wrote that tweet mere minutes after a college teammate of his got convicted in one of the biggest cases in the USA. Just a coincidence.

If Spikes tweeted, "I'm confused about airplanes these days," a few minutes after the Malaysian plane news broke, would you insinuate no connection?

Right, he just wrote that tweet mere minutes after a college teammate of his got convicted in one of the biggest cases in the USA. Just a coincidence.

If Spikes tweeted, "I'm confused about airplanes these days," a few minutes after the Malaysian plane news broke, would you insinuate no connection?

I'm not saying his comment wasn't related to the Hernandez case. But, I strongly suspect his opinion was a little more nuanced than, "Hernandez got a raw deal for committing murder." That's just not a fair assumption.

I'm not saying his comment wasn't related to the Hernandez case. But, I strongly suspect his opinion was a little more nuanced than, "Hernandez got a raw deal for committing murder." That's just not a fair assumption.

Why would he not understand the justice system these days, unless he thinks they got it wrong?

Edited by FireChan

Why would he not understand the justice system these days, unless he thinks they got it wrong?

Do you not see the giant difference between, "they got it wrong," and "Hernandez got a raw deal for committing murder?"

You're kinda making my point for me...

Do you not see the giant difference between, "they got it wrong," and "Hernandez got a raw deal for committing murder?"

You're kinda making my point for me...

No, because a wrongful conviction would be a raw deal.

We aren't taking the "committing murder" thing literally, are we? I just assumed that was hyperbole. No one thinks Spikes is tweeting about how murder should be legal.

Edited by FireChan

No, because a wrongful conviction would be a raw deal.

We aren't taking the "committing murder" thing literally, are we? I just assumed that was hyperbole. No one thinks Spikes is tweeting about how murder should be legal.

It's the hyperbole that misrepresents Spikes' tweet that I take exception to.

Pete Carroll is a 911 Truther but no one cares about that! I seriously don't care if Spikes has issues with the legal system. It was his gut reaction when he realized his friend was being locked up for life. It is what it is. Deep down maybe he thinks he did it, but can't bring himself to accept it. These guys tweet about everything. They probably shouldn't, but they do.

Edited by YoloinOhio