I'm Sad

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. I have a huge study bible that I was sick of lugging around. So I got a lighter bible that I just kept in the car and brought to church, studies, Etc.

I'm in the middle of moving. My new apartment won't be better till next week or two, so I'm staying with my aunt and just have a small bedroom so I'm keeping a bunch of stuff in my truck.

Does the lighter bible have less rules? 7 commandments or so?

I did. Unfortunately it was with the Houston Police, so they have bigger fish to fry, like big time drug dealers and gangs. My guitar stolen out of my car is the least of their worries. I basically have to basically investigate it myself, but having the report means that I have the legal means of taking it back if I find it. There's no serial numbers, but the autographs make it easily identifiable.

Check local pawn shops and watch craigs list in the for sale section. A lot of stolen stuff ends up on CL.

Sunday night someone broke into my truck stole my Epiphone acoustic guitar, which was autographed by REO Speedwagon and Stu Cook and Doug Clifford of CCR. They also my Lanikai ukulele, and my bible. I was hoping they'd read the bible, realize stealing was wrong, and return it, but not as of yet. I've called pawn shops and filed police report, nothing yet.

coincidentally I just happened upon just these items at a "garage sale" in Philly. Let me know if you're interested in purchasing mine.

Seriously, check eBay for out of town ads through pawn shops. My brothers one-of-a-kind strat was stolen and discovered on eBay from a pawn shop 3 time zones away. He put an astronomical bid on it to hold it, faxed a copy of the police report to them,,and then contacted the local police department there. He ended up paying for the shipping, but he got it back.

Edited by Corp000085

Sorry, that blows. As a fellow guitar and uke owner, I sympathize.

The Bible thing surprises me. You wouldn't expect a Christian, even a crooked Christian, to steal a Bible. And a non-Christian wouldn't have any interest. It must have been a very fancy, nicely bound edition.

Someone stole my Bible in the Navy, I wasn't to happy about it but hopefully he read what's inside.

Sunday night someone broke into my truck stole my Epiphone acoustic guitar, which was autographed by REO Speedwagon and Stu Cook and Doug Clifford of CCR. They also my Lanikai ukulele, and my bible. I was hoping they'd read the bible, realize stealing was wrong, and return it, but not as of yet. I've called pawn shops and filed police report, nothing yet.

thieves :wallbash::death:

Sorry for your losses. In the late ninety's stolen out of the studio was my 1965 and 1963 completely stock strats. Amps Were taken too. we are still are looking for them. The monetary value is quite high. Since your guitar has no S/N maybe you have pics or in the least can describe accurately where the autographs are. if so or maybe even a pic of the guitar. I would recomend the following.

Subscribe to " Vintage Guitar" this rag is still the most widely read and respected magazine on guitars. read by Musicans, by almost every pro guitar player, dealers, collectors, etc.

With subscribing which I believe is around $20+ a year for A monthly issue. You can advertise For free in the " stolen instruments" classifieds. A cheap price too pay, plus if you like playing guitar this is what you need. Subscribe, Too the print version, but advertise in both and do it every month. even though the guitar is not worth a lot of bucks, I understand the sentimental value . just getting this out there monthly gives you some exposure in the world of music and guitar transactions. My best advice is be as accurate as possible, the day time, and where it was stolen. Run it for a year.