I'm Sad

Sunday night someone broke into my truck stole my Epiphone acoustic guitar, which was autographed by REO Speedwagon and Stu Cook and Doug Clifford of CCR. They also my Lanikai ukulele, and my bible. I was hoping they'd read the bible, realize stealing was wrong, and return it, but not as of yet. I've called pawn shops and filed police report, nothing yet.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, that blows. As a fellow guitar and uke owner, I sympathize.

The Bible thing surprises me. You wouldn't expect a Christian, even a crooked Christian, to steal a Bible. And a non-Christian wouldn't have any interest. It must have been a very fancy, nicely bound edition.

Sorry, that blows. As a fellow guitar and uke owner, I sympathize.

The Bible thing surprises me. You wouldn't expect a Christian, even a crooked Christian, to steal a Bible. And a non-Christian wouldn't have any interest. It must have been a very fancy, nicely bound edition.

It really wasn't. I keep that one in the house. This one was just a plain bible that I left in my car to take to and from church.

Sorry about that but you'll likely recover nothing. We were burglarized a couple years ago. Stole all my wife's jewelry among other things but it was the jewelry that hurt. I almost cried when I came home found her jewelry box flipped upside down on the bed. 40 years of purchase from all over the world and hand me downs. Mother !@#$ers!! :censored:

It really wasn't. I keep that one in the house. This one was just a plain bible that I left in my car to take to and from church.

Well, then at least it won't be hard to replace.

The guitar on the other hand...

The uke, I wonder if it's the same one I have. Lanikai LU-21C, concert size. It's a pretty popular model for amateurs like me.

Sorry about that but you'll likely recover nothing. We were burglarized a couple years ago. Stole all my wife's jewelry among other things but it was the jewelry that hurt. I almost cried when I came home found her jewelry box flipped upside down on the bed. 40 years of purchase from all over the world and hand me downs. Mother !@#$ers!! :censored:

It's the same thing. I can get another guitar, maybe even a "better" one. But this one was a gift. And I didn't buy it with the autographs, I actually hung out backstage and got them. Chuck Berry even looked at it and said no. So it's the sentimental thing. I'm gonna start looking in pawn shops in the next few days.

Similar happened to me...my 16 year old came home and saw mine

turned over...1976-2000 year accumulations

Sunday night someone broke into my truck stole my Epiphone acoustic guitar, which was autographed by REO Speedwagon and Stu Cook and Doug Clifford of CCR. They also my Lanikai ukulele, and my bible. I was hoping they'd read the bible, realize stealing was wrong, and return it, but not as of yet. I've called pawn shops and filed police report, nothing yet.

You should be happy someone took the ukelele from you.

You can be a man again.

Just kidding.

The only way I could understand the bible theft is if you stole it first and the thief is just taking back what's his.

IS THAT WHAT HAPPENED??? Did the thief retrieve their bible back?

You should be happy someone took the ukelele from you.

You can be a man again.

Just kidding.

The only way I could understand the bible theft is if you stole it first and the thief is just taking back what's his.

IS THAT WHAT HAPPENED??? Did the thief retrieve their bible back?

No you're not. Well at least you shouldn't be.

If you filed a police report, pawn shops can take them in but can't sell for 30 days and are connected to databases that contain stolen goods information. Keep your fingers crossed

It's the same thing. I can get another guitar, maybe even a "better" one. But this one was a gift. And I didn't buy it with the autographs, I actually hung out backstage and got them. Chuck Berry even looked at it and said no. So it's the sentimental thing. I'm gonna start looking in pawn shops in the next few days.

You have (had) two bibles?

Yeah. I have a huge study bible that I was sick of lugging around. So I got a lighter bible that I just kept in the car and brought to church, studies, Etc.

What was it doing in your truck? Just curious.

I'm in the middle of moving. My new apartment won't be better till next week or two, so I'm staying with my aunt and just have a small bedroom so I'm keeping a bunch of stuff in my truck.

That sucks. Hope you get them back. You should file a police report.

I did. Unfortunately it was with the Houston Police, so they have bigger fish to fry, like big time drug dealers and gangs. My guitar stolen out of my car is the least of their worries. I basically have to basically investigate it myself, but having the report means that I have the legal means of taking it back if I find it. There's no serial numbers, but the autographs make it easily identifiable.