Advice

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where were you that someone "put a slug in you"? How did it happen? What could you have done to avoid it? Moreover, now that someone has "put a slug in you", are you going to choose to wallow in misery, or are you going to get up and make the best of your situation?

Or ignore all of those questions, and focus on the 0.0000000000000000000000001% of the time when external factors are responsible for a person's situation.

Your choice.

Essentially Ayn Rand nonsense.

I think it's 100% the opposite. Life is mostly random. Work hard and get nowhere. Be a bum and live high off the hog. It's more what happens to you that what you do. People who think they are in control of their lives are kidding themselves.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Each person on the planet is where they are, right now, because of all of the choices they've made up until this point, and unless (or until) one decides to take full responsibility for where they're at, one can never move forward onto greater things.

- Jim Stovall

Even a 5 month old ugly baby?

Choice to be a sperm?

Dont get this one.

Im with robot.

I think it's 100% the opposite. Life is mostly random. Work hard and get no where. Be a bum and live high off the hog. It's more what happens to you that what you do. People who think they are in control of their lives are kidding themselves.

People know they aren't in total control, but they also knows things aren't going to go poorly for lack of trying.

I think it's 100% the opposite. Life is mostly random. Work hard and get no where. Be a bum and live high off the hog. It's more what happens to you that what you do. People who think they are in control of their lives are kidding themselves.

You're an idiot.

People who view themselves as passive entities totally at the mercy of the whims of fortune and fate are losers and deserve whatever they get. Taking ownership of your situation and dictating your own destiny doesn't have a political affiliation.

:huh:

That has to be one of the saddest and most cynical things I've ever read on this board.

Do you share this advice often?

Yup. Lots of hard working people getting nowhere and bums eating lobster and caviar.

I bet you're a member of AA.

You're an idiot.

People who view themselves as passive entities totally at the mercy of the whims of fortune and fate are victims, therefore heroes. losers and deserve whatever they get. Taking ownership of your situation and dictating your own destiny doesn't have a political affiliation.

It's the American way, B word.

People who think they are in control of their lives are kidding themselves.

And yet, most of us still wave our hands to the left when we watch replays of Wide Right.