Player/coach intvws at OTAs-Sammy,Hughes,Clay,Fred,Mario,Rex

Watkins

@ChrisBrownBills: Sammy on EJ, "That's my guy. I believe in him 100% & I told him that whether he's the starter or not. He's a totally different guy." #Bills

@JoeBuscaglia: #Bills Sammy Watkins: EJ is stepping up. He's come back and worked on his footsteps. A different guy.

@mikerodak: Sammy Watkins doesn't seem too concerned with hip injury. One of 10 Bills players to have surgery this offseason.

@JoeBuscaglia: #Bills Sammy Watkins: You have so many fast guys... We have to get the chemistry

@JoeBuscaglia: #Bills Sammy Watkins on his hip: I'm good. Just have to keep working out hard. I have trust in the training staff.

@viccarucci: Watkins says he's not worried about numbers, but says he texted Odell Beckham to say "you motivate me."

@ChrisBrownBills: Sammy texted with Odell Beckham. "I said, 'I hope you're working.'" He said, 'I hope you are too.' We push each other. It's good. #Bills

Jerry Hughes

@mikerodak: Mario Williams says Bills' defense has easier transition since many were here for Pettine. But Jerry Hughes calls it a whole new scheme.

@JoeBuscaglia: #Bills DE Jerry Hughes: We want to be the number one defense in the NFL. A lot of room to grow.

@viccarucci: Jerry Hughes: "We want to be the No. 1 defense in the NFL. We weren't that last year." #Bills

@JoeBuscaglia: #Bills DE Jerry Hughes: The way [the Marrone staff] handled their business, I guess that's the way they handle their business

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is good to see Watkins get behind EJ......

I know EJ Manuel is very polarizing to the fan base......but believe me when I say this.....everyone should WANT EJ Manuel to be the guy because it solves a big problem for this team. If he steps up this year and takes that next step we can wipe QB off our list for the following season in the 1st round.

Rooting for you EJ

@MarkLud12: Jerry Hughes says there's no comparison in defensive schemes from Pettine to Ryan. Completely different.

@SalSports: Mario on having Hughes back: "He's not just a great player and teammate, he's a great friend......he brings another level of enthusiasm."

Cassius Clay

@viccarucci: Charles Clay on versatile role as new TE in #Bills' offense: "It'll be fun. Can't wait for it. I'm excited."

@haprusak: Charles Clay on Rex Ryan: "it's a very comfortable environment and he does a good job making guys feel comfortable" http://t.co/FgDjIs4gAl

@thadbrown7: Clay says FA process played out exactly like he wanted it to. #Bills

Awwww

@thadbrown7: Clay says Buffalo felt just like home, just like Arkansas. #BillsMafia

Edited by YoloinOhio

Fred

@JoeBuscaglia: #Bills Fred Jackson: The ground and pound is gonna be fun. They have stuff I haven't seen before.

@JoeBuscaglia: #Bills Fred Jackson: The coaches say they want him (McCoy) to be the bellcow, but I'm not going to make it easy on him.

@haprusak: Fred Jackson on LeSean McCoy: "I'm not going to just hand him the job" #BillsMafia

@thadbrown7: Fred: Extremely humbled and proud to hear fan support. Fortunate part is I'm still here. Gonna be here til they kick me out. #BillsMafia

Edited by YoloinOhio

It is good to see Watkins get behind EJ......

I know EJ Manuel is very polarizing to the fan base......but believe me when I say this.....everyone should WANT EJ Manuel to be the guy because it solves a big problem for this team. If he steps up this year and takes that next step we can wipe QB off our list for the following season in the 1st round.

Rooting for you EJ

Agreed. I think those first quotes are pretty funny though - I know Sammy meant them to be positive but he's like "EJs great now, because he's a totally different person!" :P

I'm not Marrone's biggest fan... but he did coach our team to 9-7, the first winning record in 10(?) years. Let's not go overboard.

On the back of a defense that he had nothing to do with

Agreed. I think those first quotes are pretty funny though - I know Sammy meant them to be positive but he's like "EJs great now, because he's a totally different person!" :P

The thing is....

It is quite possible that EJ IS a totally different person

Those games of sitting behind Kyle Orton might have done EJ a world of good........it has been beaten to death but EJ needed to hold a clipboard for a while before being named the starter......its got to do with confidence just as much as it has to do with his fundamentals.

He got that......now he has a clean slate with new coaches......

He will either step up or he wont

@mikerodak: Rex Ryan opens up his press conference by taking a shot at Tom Bradys first pitch at Fenway park this week.

@JoeBuscaglia: #Bills HC Rex Ryan: If Brady ever does anything wrong, oh yes, I'll be all over him. Doesn't happen that often.

@JoeBuscaglia: #Bills HC Rex Ryan: It'll be a little different not having a first round pick, but I'd much rather have Sammy Watkins

@JoeBuscaglia: #Bills HC Rex Ryan: This is an opportunity for EJ and everybody with a clean slate

@JoeBuscaglia: #Bills HC Rex Ryan: In EJ's case, the thing that you notice is how into it he is. All the quarterbacks, too.

@SalSports: Rex Ryan: "I was really impressed with EJ when he came out of draft, knew his study habits would be a plus."

@mikerodak: Rex asked if comments from Jace Amaro struck a nerve: Yes, it did. Ive talked about. Id rather just leave it alone."

Ouch

@JoeBuscaglia: #Bills HC Rex Ryan: I'll stand by my Jace Amaro comments, 100%. He's the least of my worries

@mikerodak: Rex says he wishes SI cover had him with two former offensive lineman. Said Thurman and Kelly made him look bad.

Shot at Jets last year?

@mikerodak: Rex Ryan on filling needs through draft: There doesnt appear to be too many glaring holes on this football team."

@viccarucci: More on Rex on Amaro's comments: "We're not tiptoeing into somebody else's stadium."

@mikerodak: Rex Ryan: If you gotta stick something on your bulletin board to motivate your team you better be worried about my players, instead of me"

@viccarucci: Rex: "I've never had a problem w players trusting me. You can't hide. You either are who are, and they'll find out."

@mikerodak: Rex Ryan jokes that he needs a golf cart to move around the offensive playbook. Says its huge.

Edited by YoloinOhio