Abortion

You know, personally speaking that is my own view. Once the baby has a heartbeat my wife and I could no longer consider an abortion. But, there are many people who get pregnant and don't even know they are pregnant until months later. Politically speaking, this is not a viable alternative. I mean, I agree with you on the substance but it's an absolute nonstarter for the American public. However, as technology improves we are seeing that babies can survive outside of the womb at 22 weeks according to papers published in the New England Journal of Medicine. Grant it, it's at 25% the survival rate, but the baby deserves a chance to live.

So if they can survive at 22 weeks, they most likely can survive at 20 weeks. Again, as technology improves the number of weeks where they can survive outside of the womb will only go lower. You can't win this argument with faith, it's not a winning argument with the American public. But you can win it with science. For the life of me, I don't see how any decent human being that isn't overly ideological can come to the conclusion to kill a baby that is able to survive outside of the womb, simply because the woman NOW decided after 5 months she no longer wants it.

For me as of right now, that number is 20 weeks.

At some point, the babies rights to survive trumps the woman's right to choose to terminate it.

I am just trying to figure out at what point do we as a society wake up and realize this isn't the 50's anymore. There so many different forms of birth control it's not even funny. The only way you should even be getting pregnant is if you want to at this point.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am just trying to figure out at what point do we as a society wake up and realize this isn't the 50's anymore. There so many different forms of birth control it's not even funny. The only way you should even be getting pregnant is if you want to at this point.

Drugs, alcohol and stupidity are often hard to overcome.

72% of black babies are born to unwed mothers. You're not going to fix any of this without first doing away with the federal incentive program that gives extra money and benefits every time another unemployed unwed mother has a baby.

When you are raised to believe this is how it works, then it's all you do.

72% of black babies are born to unwed mothers. You're not going to fix any of this without first doing away with the federal incentive program that gives extra money and benefits every time another unemployed unwed mother has a baby.

When you are raised to believe this is how it works, then it's all you do.

I'd be in favor of mandatory sterilization for any person who has a second child while using the social safety net. Those refusing sterilization having their children removed from them by the state, and stripped from the roles of all social programs until they do agree to sterilization.

26 weeks. Learn math.

On the other hand, I wonder what it would take to create a site like GoFundMe where you didn't stand in judgement of every single little thing that was posted, and wouldn't take down someone's page just because a bunch of liberals whined at you.

On the other hand, I wonder what it would take to create a site like GoFundMe where you didn't stand in judgement of every single little thing that was posted, and wouldn't take down someone's page just because a bunch of liberals whined at you.

It would take a miracle. I live to judge every single little thing that's posted.

I just did some researching on Margaret Sanger. All I can say is Wow! Just Wow!

Hillary Clinton had this to say of her: ” I admire Margaret Sanger enormously, her courage, her tenacity, her vision. I am really in awe of her, there are a lot of lessons we can learn from her life”