Value of Bills Memorabilia

slothrop

I am not going to sell these items, but nontheless I am interested in their value. I would assume that they may be worth more or less depending on whether they are sold in or out of the Buffalo area. Here is what I got:

- Thurman Thomas Autograph on 1992 edition of Beckett's magazine (awesome drawing of thurman running with a hern of stampeding buffalo in the background). Thurman signed this in Watertown, NY in 1992 (I was 16 at the time) while at a golf tourny.

- Bills' Mini-helmet signed by Kelly and Hull.

- UNiversity of Miami Mini-helmet signed by Willis

- autographed picture of willis in a bills uniform - but the uniform as the number 2 (his college number) and not 21. However he signed it using 21.

- One non-Bills item: HAll of Fame football signed by Terry Bradshaw.

Any memorabilia buffs out there have an opinion on value?

I am not going to sell these items, but nontheless I am interested in their value. I would assume that they may be worth more or less depending on whether they are sold in or out of the Buffalo area. Here is what I got:

- Thurman Thomas Autograph on 1992 edition of Beckett's magazine (awesome drawing of thurman running with a hern of stampeding buffalo in the background). Thurman signed this in Watertown, NY in 1992 (I was 16 at the time) while at a golf tourny.

-  UNiversity of Miami Mini-helmet signed by Willis

- picture of willis in a bills uniform - but the uniform as the number 2 (his college number) and not 21. However he signed it using 21.

232660[/snapback]

I'll give you 20 bucks for em.

not much at all, unfortunately.

Thurman isn't worth much, hull's signature ruins the value of the helmet (which wouldn't be much anyway), willis isn't worth much (yet?). The bradshaw ball is probably worth the most.

-  UNiversity of Miami Mini-helmet signed by Willis

- picture of willis in a bills uniform - but the uniform as the number 2 (his college number) and not 21. However he signed it using 21.

232660[/snapback]

Do you have COA's on any of these items? Without any sort of proof that the autographs are authentic, it could pose a problem with sales.

The Willis one would be tough to value, since he is just beginning his career. THe prices will fluctuate wildly. The remaining items should have steady value (unless Hull makes the HOF, which will increase the value).

I used to be big into collecting autographs, however it was always done with me getting the auto myself. Unless you have a picture of the athlete signing the item, or at the VERY least a VERY reputable certificate of authenticity (from someone like PSA), they are not going to get you much $. The only way to find out is to put them on the open market - and nowadays that is eBay. How much something is "worth" is only equal to how much someone will pay. So, if you have a helmet, and someone tells you its "worth $300", but your highest offer is $20 - the thing is worth $20 (I only mention this obvious fact because price guides always over price items).

Anyway, I have pictures of each of the athletes i have autographs with, with the item clearly in the picture. Thats as close to authenticating it as you can get. That, or a PSA or similarly esteemed company's COA.

(upper deck authenticated is actually better than PSA, i should mention. Their items - balls, bats, helmets, etc - each have a serial numbered hologram. This matching serial numbered hologram is embedded into the COA)

I have COA's on all the items, except for the Thurman autograph which I got personally when I was 16. I will never sell any of the items, especially that one because it holds great memories for me.

232823[/snapback]

It is always good to have an idea of what it is worth, for insurance purposes. You cannot replace sentimental value, but at least you have some protection.

Due to the value of my collection, I try to appraise it every five years or so.