Daredevil on Netflix

cant wait cant wait

The way the industry has gone has made it nearly impossible for your middle of the ground actors/actresses to sustain in my opinion

100%, at least in features. In TV there's still money to be made, though as more and more A/B/C list actors get squeezed out of the studio system the less jobs there are for the rest of the actors in TV.

Network TV still pays the best but they are moving towards a more "tent pole" style development slate at all the big networks now, thinking that if they make more shows that are like Marvel (as in less original content, more existing IP or remakes) they'll be able to save their broken business model.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh great, now I have to catch up on both this and House of Cards. I don't have enough time for all of it!

And interesting trailer. They've been all about Frank Castle up until this point, but this one really down played him.

Anyone start watching the new season? I'm three episodes in, digging it so far.

I got through 4 episodes last night but I was under the influence of a full days drinking and hoops. The dynamic between the villain and DD is interesting. I won't spoil anything for folks who haven't watched yet, so far so good. Marvel and Netflix really have something going.

Side note I went onto Netflix to watch it and was caught off guard by a screen size add for PeeWee Herman's new movie....

I am so into this....right now stopped on the one where Electra is first introduced.

Im not really digging the girl they got to play her. But I am loving the serious so far.

That's where I am right now too. It was a bit of a let down given what happened in the previous episodes.

Just finished season two. I absolutely loved this season. The characters, the twists and turns and hiw they are able to make it so dark is truly outstanding.

Looking forward to Luke Cage coming September 30th.

Yeah, I just finished it last night. While the first 6 or 7 episodes were good I thought they weren't up to par with what the series did last season. The second half of the season, however, was really good. It might have been better than season 1 (though it could just be it's newness.) They managed a slew of characters successfully and kept it interesting with some deft twists. They breadcrumbed it nicely all the way to the finale.

I'd say my only real complaint about the season is they didn't develop Elektra as fully as they needed to given her importance to the storyline.

Yeah, I just finished it last night. While the first 6 or 7 episodes were good I thought they weren't up to par with what the series did last season. The second half of the season, however, was really good. It might have been better than season 1 (though it could just be it's newness.) They managed a slew of characters successfully and kept it interesting with some deft twists. They breadcrumbed it nicely all the way to the finale.

I'd say my only real complaint about the season is they didn't develop Elektra as fully as they needed to given her importance to the storyline.

Finished the season tonight....needless to say I am hooked. I thought Electra's actress rebounded over the last two episodes.

Gonna start Amanda Jones on Netflix next....hoping it is good as my Daughter worked some projects with the main charactor during her teen years.

Finished the season tonight....needless to say I am hooked. I thought Electra's actress rebounded over the last two episodes.

Gonna start Amanda Jones on Netflix next....hoping it is good as my Daughter worked some projects with the main charactor during her teen years.

Amanda Jones is very good, the actress plays it perfectly.

Heard netflix is spinning off punisher. AWESOME.

I like what they have going here. Each show has that much grittier feel to it, but so far, they're each very different. A Punisher show would definitely be able to feel unique when compared to Jessica Jones and Daredevil. I'm not all that familiar with the Luke Cage character, but I wonder how different that show will feel from Jones given that it is directly spun off of it and they're both characters with similar super powers.. Yes, you could say that about Punisher showing up in Daredevil first, but he's definitely a very different character.

And I'm not trying to crap on the Luke Cage show before it starts. I just don't know a thing about him. I know it will be on my list of shows though because they've done so well with their Netflix shows right now.

Heard netflix is spinning off punisher. AWESOME.

I've heard the same but it's yet to be greenlit -- unless it happened today and I missed it. I don't doubt they will eventually greenlight the show (DD season 2 is doing well on Netflix and their goal was always to spin Punisher off) I'm just not sure when.

They don't really have a lot of time to do it, certainly not in '16 or '17. They have Luke Cage coming out in September (I think it's filming now), followed by Iron Fist and then Marvel's Defenders (the Avengers type team up series) which is set to go immediately after they wrap Iron fist. I know they want to do a second season of Jessica Jones and a third season of Daredevil -- but neither of those are going to get going until after Iron Fist and Defenders which means Punisher most likely won't happen until after Defenders as well.

I like what they have going here. Each show has that much grittier feel to it, but so far, they're each very different. A Punisher show would definitely be able to feel unique when compared to Jessica Jones and Daredevil. I'm not all that familiar with the Luke Cage character, but I wonder how different that show will feel from Jones given that it is directly spun off of it and they're both characters with similar super powers.. Yes, you could say that about Punisher showing up in Daredevil first, but he's definitely a very different character.

And I'm not trying to crap on the Luke Cage show before it starts. I just don't know a thing about him. I know it will be on my list of shows though because they've done so well with their Netflix shows right now.

Agreed. I know nothing about Luke Cage (other than what I learned in the JJ series) but am still excited about it based on how much I enjoyed DD and JJ. Same with Iron Fist and the Defenders.

Edited by Deranged Rhino