Daredevil on Netflix

I want to watch this with my 11 and 13 year old boys. They really like the Flash show n network TV. Will it be too gruesome for them? They routinely watch PG-13 movies with "comic book violence" so they are used to that.

It is nothing like the Flash. There is a ton of blood in this show. I'd suggest checking out an episode or two on your own first and then deciding. Each parent's standards are going to be different.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is nothing like the Flash. There is a ton of blood in this show. I'd suggest checking out an episode or two on your own first and then deciding. Each parent's standards are going to be different.

I love the Flash and you rarely see blood.

I want to watch this with my 11 and 13 year old boys. They really like the Flash show n network TV. Will it be too gruesome for them? They routinely watch PG-13 movies with "comic book violence" so they are used to that.

My 10 year old son (11 in one week) was in the same boat. We love watching Flash together and watched two episodes of Daredevil together before I told him he couldn't watch it anymore. Thankfully that's when I did it as in episode three the Kingpin decapitates a guy by slamming his head repeatedly in a car door.

I can't say for sure what you'd allow as a parent but I'm guessing most parents wouldn't want their youngish kids to watch a show with this much violence. I'd probably draw the line at 14/15 depending on the maturity of the child.

My 10 year old son (11 in one week) was in the same boat. We love watching Flash together and watched two episodes of Daredevil together before I told him he couldn't watch it anymore. Thankfully that's when I did it as in episode three the Kingpin decapitates a guy by slamming his head repeatedly in a car door.

I can't say for sure what you'd allow as a parent but I'm guessing most parents wouldn't want their youngish kids to watch a show with this much violence. I'd probably draw the line at 14/15 depending on the maturity of the child.

Damn, yeah that does sound pretty rough. I believe I will watch it without them first and then decide. Thanks for the heads up everyone!

Damn, yeah that does sound pretty rough. I believe I will watch it without them first and then decide. Thanks for the heads up everyone!

Yeah, I agree with what everyone else has said. I dont have kids, and have no idea where kids are at nowadays, so Im not a good person to answer this. But it is an ultra-violent show, and pretty gruesome. It is definitely no Flash, or even Avengers/Iron Man. Id watch at least 3-4 episodes yourself before making that call.

The car door decapitation scene that MDH mentions was pretty brutal and stuck with me.

Finally finished this over the weekend.

I agree with an earlier poster that for me this is the best thing Marvel has done to-date.

I saw someone else mention that Marvel reacquired the rights to the Punisher. I really hope they can give that character a show along the lines of this one as the style and level of grittiness/violence would be the perfect treatment for that material as well.

Ask and you shall receive. They've cast the Punisher and he will appear next season!

Caught this yesterday as well. Hopefully it goes over well enough so that they decide to spin it off into his own series.

All I know is that with the gritty hyper-violent world they have in this show, there's a whole world of potential in Frank Castle.

All I know is that with the gritty hyper-violent world they have in this show, there's a whole world of potential in Frank Castle.

My thoughts exactly.

Works out well that Kingpin is one of the Punisher's main rivals too. Vincent D'Onofrio did such a great job with the character that it would be a good way to get him even more screen time.

Awesome news! It's true that the only way they could make this violent show even more violent-er... is by adding the Punisher!

I've also seen rumors that they are casting Jason Statham as another villain. Could be a very interesting second season!

Isn't his career a bit too big for a support role in a Netflix TV show? Statham feels like an odd fit for anything on this one. Netflix does have a megastar with Kevin Spacey, but that show is a whole different animal. I feel like they'd be more likely to want a guy like Statham for one of the movies instead.

Awesome news! It's true that the only way they could make this violent show even more violent-er... is by adding the Punisher!

I've also seen rumors that they are casting Jason Statham as another villain. Could be a very interesting second season!

Statham was being being considered for Bullseye. More than considered, they were in the process of closing the deal when word of his casting leaked. As a result of the leak Marvel axed the idea and pulled the offer from Statham -- even with positive fan reaction from the news. Sadly no Statham now.

Isn't his career a bit too big for a support role in a Netflix TV show? Statham feels like an odd fit for anything on this one. Netflix does have a megastar with Kevin Spacey, but that show is a whole different animal. I feel like they'd be more likely to want a guy like Statham for one of the movies instead.

I don't know, Netflix just announced that Brad Pitt will star in an original movie - doesn't get much bigger than him.

I don't know, Netflix just announced that Brad Pitt will star in an original movie - doesn't get much bigger than him.

Yup. The industry has changed. They are making less and less movies each year. The entire middle class of studio movies have been obliterated since the WGA strike of 2007. The only movies that get made in the studio system are $10 million or under, or $100 million and over. The in between budget range, the range responsible for most Statham action pictures, no longer exists within the studio system. In order to get those movies made, you need to find outside financing and do it indie style... which pays a lot less than Netflix or TV.

Actors gotta eat.

I really hope Castle is a full on killer in the show. He needs to be a bad guy, who kills bad guys, and butts heads with heroes like Daredevil and Captain America.

I would bet they go in the direction of Punisher being a ruthless killer for sure based on the way this season's story played out. It would be a good continuation of Daredevil's internal struggle with killing the bad guys when he is faced with a new guy on his turf killing bad guys left and right without a care. It would help Daredevil's own struggle to see the results of someone else who went way down the path he almost found himself on when he was considering killing Kingpin.

I would bet they go in the direction of Punisher being a ruthless killer for sure based on the way this season's story played out. It would be a good continuation of Daredevil's internal struggle with killing the bad guys when he is faced with a new guy on his turf killing bad guys left and right without a care. It would help Daredevil's own struggle to see the results of someone else who went way down the path he almost found himself on when he was considering killing Kingpin.

They'll feud and then eventually uncomfortably team up to go after the real villain of the season.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

cant wait cant wait

Yup. The industry has changed. They are making less and less movies each year. The entire middle class of studio movies have been obliterated since the WGA strike of 2007. The only movies that get made in the studio system are $10 million or under, or $100 million and over. The in between budget range, the range responsible for most Statham action pictures, no longer exists within the studio system. In order to get those movies made, you need to find outside financing and do it indie style... which pays a lot less than Netflix or TV.

Actors gotta eat.

The way the industry has gone has made it nearly impossible for your middle of the ground actors/actresses to sustain in my opinion