Greg Roman interview on ESPN Inside the Huddle

The saving grace is that Marrone didn't have EJ in there running his offense the whole season which might have damaged his confidence to the point of no return. That offense last year was just awful. The line was horrible, the running game sucked and the plays were beyond predictable.

It sounds like EJ's a man who's got a chip on his shoulder now. We all know he likes to talk his game up over what it actually is, but I really think he's out to prove the doubters (and Marrone in particular) wrong. He sounds more mature and motivated. What these QBs don't know coming into the league is how big of a jump it is from college to the NFL. All that's over, EJ now knows exactly how high the bar is. Let's see what he's got.

Good post, among others.

Ej knows the deal.

Cassel is to keep the ship steady

Tyrod is a hope upon a dream. but don't discount him.

So ej needs to unseat Meh? Good. Thats how he should approach it.

My money is on EJ this time around.

Go Bills !

Cool to finally hear from him. I would be interested to hear just how much control he has over the offense, meaning how much input will Rex have on that side of the ball. I heard a Rex presser last week where he actually said "We on the defensive side of the ball" where I got the impression it really will be Roman's show.

You just have to believe with the talent he has on D Rex will either pay attention there or maybe his wife's feet but that is it.

I was at a birthday party yesterday & I am not going to mention any names but a member of the Bills team was there. It wasn't a prominent player but it was still cool to talk to him. Got to talk to him for about 10 minutes. He told me a couple interesting things. Said the players love Rex. He also said Cassel probably has the inside track but Ryan loves Tyrod Taylor & is going to give him a real chance at starting. Also said don't be surprised to see Spikes back. Said his name plate is still on his locker. He also said this year it is playoffs or bust, said this roster is loaded with talent. I said I agree except for one very important position, he seemed confident saying "the coaches will get it figured out."

Garison Sanborn don't know diddly.

This is my preferred scenario because

A) I like EJ

2) I want the QB carousel to stop spinning

I think that's the case for most of us (myself, at least). People can talk about how much work he's put in or how he's going to "be himself" or about how the previous regime limited him based on scheme/coaching, but, I think it really comes down to your second point. We want to have an honest to goodness QB so badly that the blinders are on. It's best for the Bills if he takes over and that's what most here want.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2015/04/13/bills-roman-loves-new-additions/25733957/

I'm holding out hope that Manuel looks like the real deal when they "roll the balls out there". The guy has put in a ton of work and when you do that sometimes that can be the difference between getting you over the hump or not. I'll bet that Manuel does have an inside track over Cassel in terms of knowing what Roman wants to see. I remember that Manuel and Kaepernick worked out together last offseason. So I'm sure they're buds and Kaepernick has probably given him some pointers regarding Roman's offense. IMO there's a real chance that Manuel's improvement is substantial.

Taylor and Kaepernick also worked out together last offseason. So I'm sure they're buds and Kaepernick has probably given him some pointers regarding Roman's offense.

Tyrod in another Vick without the dogs. Likes to run. We have backs for that. It's EJ and 10 year backup Cassel. It will be an interesting pre season.

Cassel was the starter (until injuries) for 7 of his 10 NFL seasons. The three times he was a back up was because he was behind Tom Brady (two years) and then because he was injured twice (in '12 & '14) and both times his teams elected to stick with developing younger guys. I'd say it is fair to call him injury prone but not a career backup.

Taylor and Kaepernick also worked out together last offseason. So I'm sure they're buds and Kaepernick has probably given him some pointers regarding Roman's offense.

Cassel was the starter (until injuries) for 7 of his 10 NFL seasons. The three times he was a back up was because he was behind Tom Brady (two years) and then because he was injured twice (in '12 & '14) and both times his teams elected to stick with developing younger guys. I'd say it is fair to call him injury prone but not a career backup.

They are developing other guy because he's not good enough. He has a losing career record.

Very good backup qb, bad starting qb. It's the same as Orton. To pretend otherwise, it would be foolish.

Edited by C.Biscuit97