Greg Roman interview on ESPN Inside the Huddle

Here is the link to the interview with John Clayton

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=12664377

I had a hard time getting it to come up on my phone via the ESPN Radio app. Was able to get it on regular ESPN website. Here is a recap by Chris Brown just in case.

Chris Brown @ChrisBrownBills · 23m 23 minutes ago

Roman: McCoy fits any run game scheme http://wp.me/plmrg-bhZ

Edited by YoloinOhio

Cool to finally hear from him. I would be interested to hear just how much control he has over the offense, meaning how much input will Rex have on that side of the ball. I heard a Rex presser last week where he actually said "We on the defensive side of the ball" where I got the impression it really will be Roman's show.

Cool to finally hear from him. I would be interested to hear just how much control he has over the offense, meaning how much input will Rex have on that side of the ball. I heard a Rex presser last week where he actually said "We on the defensive side of the ball" where I got the impression it really will be Roman's show.

and Roman will be outside of Harbaughs shadow for the 1st time. It will be interesting to see how similar it actually is to what the Niners did. He was essentially running Harbaughs offense and now he has the reins. I like how he said Sammy was very impressive "in meetings." We know how talented he is but love that he's got the football IQ. Edited by YoloinOhio

There's no reason to think Rex will he very involved with the offense.

I was at a birthday party yesterday & I am not going to mention any names but a member of the Bills team was there. It wasn't a prominent player but it was still cool to talk to him. Got to talk to him for about 10 minutes. He told me a couple interesting things. Said the players love Rex. He also said Cassel probably has the inside track but Ryan loves Tyrod Taylor & is going to give him a real chance at starting. Also said don't be surprised to see Spikes back. Said his name plate is still on his locker. He also said this year it is playoffs or bust, said this roster is loaded with talent. I said I agree except for one very important position, he seemed confident saying "the coaches will get it figured out."

I was at a birthday party yesterday & I am not going to mention any names but a member of the Bills team was there. It wasn't a prominent player but it was still cool to talk to him. Got to talk to him for about 10 minutes. He told me a couple interesting things. Said the players love Rex. He also said Cassel probably has the inside track but Ryan loves Tyrod Taylor & is going to give him a real chance at starting. Also said don't be surprised to see Spikes back. Said his name plate is still on his locker. He also said this year it is playoffs or bust, said this roster is loaded with talent. I said I agree except for one very important position, he seemed confident saying "the coaches will get it figured out."

spikes! Git r done

Cassel may have the "inside track", put everyone is waiting to see if Manuel has made a huge jump this offseason in both leadership/confidence and his play. Unfortunately know one knows how much (if any) because league rules forbids any formal player practice time until the mandated mini-camps happen.

I think EJ is going to have to make some eye opening plays in pre season to get everyone comfortable with him starting. If he doesn't then Cassel will of course be the fall back "safe" option. No matter who starts, they aren't going to be safe from being benched if they start playing poorly and costing the Bills games. Cassel doesn't have that kind of cache anymore.

So it is is safe to say that the player you spoke with wasn't EJ Manuel. :D

Cassel may have the "inside track", put everyone is waiting to see if Manuel has made a huge jump this offseason in both leadership/confidence and his play. Unfortunately know one knows how much (if any) because league rules forbids any formal player practice time until the mandated mini-camps happen.

I think EJ is going to have to make some eye opening plays in pre season to get everyone comfortable with him starting. If he doesn't then Cassel will of course be the fall back "safe" option. No matter who starts, they aren't going to be safe from being benched if they start playing poorly and costing the Bills games. Cassel doesn't have that kind of cache anymore.

Sorry but if Cassel & E.J. are tied ; EJ will start.

If E.J. & T.T. are tied then all bets are off.

Edited by liverpoolkev

Sorry but if Cassel & E.J. are tied ; EJ will start.

If E.J. & T.T. are tied then all bets are off.

I'm holding out hope that Manuel looks like the real deal when they "roll the balls out there". The guy has put in a ton of work and when you do that sometimes that can be the difference between getting you over the hump or not. I'll bet that Manuel does have an inside track over Cassel in terms of knowing what Roman wants to see. I remember that Manuel and Kaepernick worked out together last offseason. So I'm sure they're buds and Kaepernick has probably given him some pointers regarding Roman's offense. IMO there's a real chance that Manuel's improvement is substantial.

I'm holding out hope that Manuel looks like the real deal when they "roll the balls out there". The guy has put in a ton of work and when you do that sometimes that can be the difference between getting you over the hump or not. I'll bet that Manuel does have an inside track over Cassel in terms of knowing what Roman wants to see. I remember that Manuel and Kaepernick worked out together last offseason. So I'm sure they're buds and Kaepernick has probably given him some pointers regarding Roman's offense. IMO there's a real chance that Manuel's improvement is substantial.

This is my preferred scenario because

A) I like EJ

2) I want the QB carousel to stop spinning

To me the biggest difference might have been that time EJ Manuel had to be able to sit behind Kyle Orton with the spot light off of him.

He needed that.....and frankly that should have been how he was handled in his 1st year

To me the biggest difference might have been that time EJ Manuel had to be able to sit behind Kyle Orton with the spot light off of him.

He needed that.....and frankly that should have been how he was handled in his 1st year

The saving grace is that Marrone didn't have EJ in there running his offense the whole season which might have damaged his confidence to the point of no return. That offense last year was just awful. The line was horrible, the running game sucked and the plays were beyond predictable.

It sounds like EJ's a man who's got a chip on his shoulder now. We all know he likes to talk his game up over what it actually is, but I really think he's out to prove the doubters (and Marrone in particular) wrong. He sounds more mature and motivated. What these QBs don't know coming into the league is how big of a jump it is from college to the NFL. All that's over, EJ now knows exactly how high the bar is. Let's see what he's got.

Tyrod in another Vick without the dogs. Likes to run. We have backs for that. It's EJ and 10 year backup Cassel. It will be an interesting pre season.

He's like Vick in that he likes to run and is a bad passer? I would agree with that assessment.

I think Cassel has more of an upside then Fitz but I think Fitz is the better QB because of leadership, will and competitive drive. There was never a game in a Bills uniform where we wanted him to give more. With this offense will power alone might be able to make differences. If Cassel does run this offense he needs to truly run it. Hold his guys accountable and be the leader this bunch needs. Its time someone takes the reins and let's Jackson not chave to carry it all. That's why I wonder about EJ. He is a likeable guy but I do not know if he has the leadership nor the poise to run this offense the way it must be run. The only upside I think to this team is that Roman and the coaching staff are going to have a big impact on our attitude and psychology.

Part of me really thinks we are going to see a Rex Ryan team like we have never seen before. And that is all because of the ownership and freedom that El Pegul is offering.