Do any of you read books written by current politicians?

Just curious. I get them from the library and use them for bedtime reading.

I usually read books that they have written, not the authorized/unauthorized stuff written by someone else.

Current:

Marco Rubio - American Dreams

Previous:

Hillary Clinton - Hard Choices

Mitt Romney - No Apology

Joe Biden - Promises to Keep

Ted Cruz - A Time for Truth

Just curious. I get them from the library and use them for bedtime reading.

I usually read books that they have written, not the authorized/unauthorized stuff written by someone else.

Current:

Marco Rubio - American Dreams

Previous:

Hillary Clinton - Hard Choices

Mitt Romney - No Apology

Joe Biden - Promises to Keep

Ted Cruz - A Time for Truth

No way I'm reading that in bed. Thoughts of Hillary is the last thing I need before I go to sleep.

Edited by Dante

No, my bias towards the genre is pretty much summarised by this time review of hill's book:

This is a campaign book, written by a candidate (via her speechwriters), processed through a political machine, and delivered to the public with the contradictory goals of depicting the author as a decisive leader and not betraying any evidence of leadership that would turn a voter off. Here is how the candidate-without-an-official-campaign describes the choice facing the country in the next presidential election:

" Ultimately, what happens in 2016 should be about what kind of future Americans want for themselves and their childrenand grandchildren. I hope we choose inclusive politics and a common purpose to unleash the creativity, potential, and opportunity that makes America exceptional. Thats what all American people deserve."

Real people who arent running for office do not write like this. They do not think like this. They do not try to string together feel-good words in decisive ways that pretend at taking bold stands on the future without actually taking any stand. There are no clear-thinking Americans who do not want inclusive politics or common purpose. There is no one in public or private life in this country who does not want to unleash the creativity, potential and opportunity of the nation. So why write it? Because it is campaign mumbo-jumbo, and campaign mumbo-jumbo works if you want to win elections.

http://time.com/2853172/hillary-clinton-hard-choices-book-review/

Since I don't believe politicians when they standup in front of a camera and "look" me in the eye, I damn sure don't believe what they their ghost writers write on paper when they're alone in some room with a computer.

Because...c'mon, really, does anyone actually believe that Hillary wrote a long-hand manuscript of her book?