New Google Map Site, really excellent

millbank

They really fugged up the interface to the newsgroup message archive.

The beta really sucks compared to what they had.

232622[/snapback]

Agreed! They killed Deja.com :w00t:

That said, the map program actually has my road on it (as of a few months ago, none of them, including MS Streets and Trips, did).

However, it's nearly impossible to zoom in on a specific location. I did driving directions (which also isn't as intuititive to enter in as mapquest.com), and wanted to zoom in on my house from them. I had to do it in 10 small steps - zoom, center, zoom, center. Rather annoying...

CW

Agreed!  They killed Deja.com :lol:

That said, the map program actually has my road on it (as of a few months ago, none of them, including MS Streets and Trips, did).

However, it's nearly impossible to zoom in on a specific location.  I did driving directions (which also isn't as intuititive to enter in as mapquest.com), and wanted to zoom in on my house from them.  I had to do it in 10 small steps - zoom, center, zoom, center.  Rather annoying...

CW

232644[/snapback]

They spelled my street wrong. It's Steven Place, not Stevens Place. :w00t:

They have a policy where the software developers get to spend one day per week (so, 20% of their time) working on their own pet projects. This is how gmail was developed.

Having been a product manager for a software company, I think that is an awesome policy. If we had that, I would have planted seeds in my most talented/creative engineers and let them go wild.

not sure if i'm doing something wrong, but it says it does not understand my directions request. I put the exact same addresses in Yahoo and it works right away. also, when I hit BACK it keeps all that Kansas City info that was in there originally. I'll try it at home. These computers at work suck. Maybe that's the problem?