Quintessential Rock and Roll song.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:doh:

did you mean Radar Love by Golden Earring?

No.

And I have to disagree with the person saying the CCR song because all Rock and Roll is about politics and Vietnam. Ridiculous. It is a good song and there were definitely some Vietnam songs both good and bad like all the stupid hippy ones, but Rock and Roll is about chicks. Period. Even the Vietnam protestors were only writing that stuff because it made it easier for them to get chicks.

That is why I picked Red Eye Love which is about having so many chicks you get really tired, thus Red Eye, but you still keep going. I think there is also a segment of the song about a late night flight a mile high.

Rock and Roll is about chicks. And the thread title said Rock and Roll.

I nominate She Said Yeah by the Rolling Stones. It has all of the components: some babbling lyrics, fast paced, guitar solo bridge and I don't think it is more than two minutes long.

You want a Rock song, then maybe Working Man by Rush.

Rock and Roll is about chicks. And the thread title said Rock and Roll.

I nominate She Said Yeah by the Rolling Stones. It has all of the components: some babbling lyrics, fast paced, guitar solo bridge and I don't think it is more than two minutes long.

You want a Rock song, then maybe Working Man by Rush.

Nice call with Working Man.

No.

And I have to disagree with the person saying the CCR song because all Rock and Roll is about politics and Vietnam. Ridiculous. It is a good song and there were definitely some Vietnam songs both good and bad like all the stupid hippy ones, but Rock and Roll is about chicks. Period. Even the Vietnam protestors were only writing that stuff because it made it easier for them to get chicks.

That is why I picked Red Eye Love which is about having so many chicks you get really tired, thus Red Eye, but you still keep going. I think there is also a segment of the song about a late night flight a mile high.

That explains Janis Joplin, Grace Slick, Chrissie Hynde, Patti Smith, Pat Benetar, the Wilson Sisters, and Stevie Nicks. Rock and Roll is about rebelling against the establishment and questioning authority, which is why most of the great songs came in the 60s-70s.

How on earth did they butcher the lyrics to "Red Eye Love" so badly? "Radar Love" makes no friggin' sense whatsoever.

I wouldn't say no sense but not much sense.

If the rocker dude was joining the mile high club on the late flight out of Cali, the plane must have had radar. It's a stretch I know but it makes a little bit of sense.

That explains Janis Joplin, Grace Slick, Chrissie Hynde, Patti Smith, Pat Benetar, the Wilson Sisters, and Stevie Nicks. Rock and Roll is about rebelling against the establishment and questioning authority, which is why most of the great songs came in the 60s-70s.

Dude get over the politics. Those chicks were just eye candy for some record exec who was trying to pick up chicks just like the rock stars. And it was called rock and roll when Elvis was singing Johnny Be Good. Even though some of those chicks were gross...gross was in during the 60s. Patti Smith was decent looking though....ask McEnroe.....but she was from the 80s and her songs were about stupid stuff.

And the other chicks didn't just do protest songs either. I don't remember too many prominent ones other than Stamp Act by Stevie. They did crap songs about drugs or songs about sleeping around in the case of Benetar.