Linc Chafee Announces Presidential Exploratory Commitee

Former Rhode Island Governor and US Senator Lincoln "Linc" Chafee (D) has announced his intentions to form an exploratory commitee for a Presidential run.

His opening salvo included direct attacks on Hillary Clinton for her role in the Iraq War, going so far as to say that her vote to go into Iraq "disqualifies her for being President". Chafee, a former Republican, was the only memeber of his party to vote against going into Iraq in the Senate.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/chafee-slams-clinton-iraq-bid-democratic-nominee-article-1.2179312

This is good news and should make for great political theatre.

It'll be great watching the Dems eat their own abortions.

This is good news and should make for great political theatre.

It'll be great watching the Dems eat their own abortions.

Oh, it's fantastic news.

Leaving office, Chafee had the lowest approval rating of any governor in the country. He won the gubernatorial election garnering only 36% of the vote in a seven way race. His Iraq stance in the Senate wasn't born of some deep introspection, or dificult decision. Chafee is an avowed pacifist whop doesn't believe in war. Think about that for a moment. A man who seeks the office of President, wants to be the Commander in Chief of our military, to be charged with the defense of our nation, it's citizens, and interests doesn't believe in waging war. That's a terrifying !@#$ing notion. As if those items aren't large enough disqualifiers, the man was probably the most ineffective governor I've ever witnessed, the lack of strength of his single term matched only by his total ineptitude as a public speaker. (I can't wait to hear this guy caucus in Iowa, and trust me, neither can you.)

He's no threat to win. As I said before, he's a plant by the Obama administration whose only job is to begin the open assault on Hillary.

He's called for Israel to give up it's occupied territories. Wow, we'd lose our best friend in that region. That could seriously hurt us in a dangerous world losing such a worthwhile friend like that

Please, continue that thought. I'm looking forward to hearing more of what you have to say on the subject.

Oh, "we" did? Lol, that's funny!

Well, you f'n idiot, I gave you a chance to try and explain your fears but you just kept repeating the same old crap about how the government was storing tons of data on us but never told me why I should worry about it.

I never told you why you should worry about it... but for the lengthy post in which I replied directly to you and gamed out a scenario.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/177006-the-dangers-of-our-new-normal/?p=3500103

You even replied to it. :wallbash:

Care to revise your statement, sir?

He's called for Israel to give up it's occupied territories. Wow, we'd lose our best friend in that region. That could seriously hurt us in a dangerous world losing such a worthwhile friend like that

So, no. You don't care to revise your statement.

A Presidential Exploratory Committee now means a group of well-heeled zealots who finance the research of any kind of dirt they can find to smear their competitors. The media joined in the fray in 2008 in an unprecedented manner. It remains to be seen if Chafee can make the media care enough about Hillary's transgressions that any of the scandals about her will actually grow legs.