So Not Speaking English is a Disability?

Illiteracy is considered disability.

The idea of English-only illiteracy being a disability as determined by a government that is required to provide documents in alternative languages is laughable in the extreme. :lol:

Wow. Think of the people here that don't "speak or write" English. They're disabled!

That sheds new light on their plight.

What's next - if Liberalism and Progressivism will be classified as disabilities? It could happen.

This actually doesn't surprise me in the least. Neither will it surprise me when people start protesting if anyone in Washington decides to stop those payments.

I'm sure the GOP is planning their War on Hispanics as we type.

What's next - if Liberalism and Progressivism will be classified as disabilities? It could happen.

Well certainly is evidence of that at least once an hour................

here is this hour's

CB_yB6BUsAAjZ3k.jpg

Disability payments??? I 'might' understand temporary unemployment while they attend English classes (for those in the US. The PR stuff is laughable). I think teaching them the language with temporary funding would be a better alternative to putting them on disability. Even that is a stretch in my mind.

Wow. Think of the people here that don't "speak or write" English. They're disabled!

This is one of the funniest things I've read in a while. :beer:

Sounds like political clap trap

So you're cool with giving disability money to people who don't speak English when the primary language spoken where they live is Spanish? You don't see massive amounts of people taking advantage of this?

So you're cool with giving disability money to people who don't speak English when the primary language spoken where they live is Spanish? You don't see massive amounts of people taking advantage of this?

See it? He expects it! The party of gatorman -- the gimme gimme party -- was built for disability payments. They've never met a handout they didn't feel entitled to receive.

See it? He expects it! The party of gatorman -- the gimme gimme party -- was built for disability payments. They've never met a handout they didn't feel entitled to receive.

Crocobaby just thrilled to find out he's not illiterate, he's disabled.

I have the view my grandfather did. If you don't learn English, tough s**t.

He came here from Poland at I think about 21 (back around 1910). I don't even know if he graduated high school. Only knew a few words of English. He learned by reading the paper and talking to people. There was no radio, TV or talking movies yet to learn from. There also were no classes to learn the language either. He managed to learn enough to get a job at Buffalo forge, met my grandmother and had 9 kids. He said "If I can do to they can too".

Edited by Wacka

Wow, they found 218 cases of this happening. Wow! What a national tragedy!

But enough for the right wing circle jerk crowd to...well, have a circle jerk

So this doesn't bother you? If you'd like, you can send a portion of your work check to me every two weeks. There are 6 of us in my family so it's no big deal.

It's the principle here. I don't care if it's 218 or 200,000. If people are abusing this (read: stealing) than it should be corrected. Isn't this why we have 9 layers of supervision for all government jobs?

So this doesn't bother you? If you'd like, you can send a portion of your work check to me every two weeks. There are 6 of us in my family so it's no big deal.

It's the principle here. I don't care if it's 218 or 200,000. If people are abusing this (read: stealing) than it should be corrected. Isn't this why we have 9 layers of supervision for all government jobs?

Bigger things to worry about. So no, not bothered at all

Principle? Listen, my principle is "don't sweat the small stuff." I understand you don't care how big this is because you want to, and enjoy being outraged