I'm having trouble with a screw

dib

Ok get it out of your system. I'm trying to get a screw out of a security light so I can replace the bulb. I've tried liquid wrench, wd-40 and the friggin thing is immovable. It's mounted on the corner of the house so my options are limited. Any reasonable,realistic suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember years ago the local mechanic used coke a cola on rusted lug nuts to remove them. The acid in there did the trick.

Though it's not all that acidic. Though stronger acids aren't hard to come by - you can pick up muriatic acid at a hardware store.

Though it's not all that acidic. Though stronger acids aren't hard to come by - you can pick up muriatic acid at a hardware store.

Yea but when you're standing on a stepstool and pour coke on a screw over your head it doesn't blind you when you accidently pour it in your eyes. Keep in mind who the OP is.

I say screw it (pun intended). Just pack up and move to a safer neighborhood where you don't need the security light. Sounds less work at this point.

I once recommend warm Vaseline to Hammersticks to remove frozen eggs from his windshield...how would that work?

The last woman that recommended I use warm Vaseline to remove eggs I ended up marrying her. :D

lefty loosey, righty tighty.

cant drill it out i have to reuse the screw to close the glass front on the safety light.

Right, you replace it. I have yet to see any screw that is not replaceable at a decent hardware store.

Right, you replace it. I have yet to see any screw that is not replaceable at a decent hardware store.

its not the screw that im worried about, its the portion that you screw into. I wonder if duct tape will be weather proof