The difference in this off season / team is

Every year we went to the off season and it was the best part of the entire year. The stench of the season was behind us. Each off season we would hope that a good team would emerge, new coaches would make a difference, we'd hit the jackpot in the draft, and we all drank a bit of the kool-aid no matter the coach or the front office. We wanted so badly to believe in our team.

This year we don't have to hope that guys develop, rookies contribute, or injuries won't affect us. It doesn't matter that we do not have a #1 pick because we don't have 6 or 7 holes to fill.

This year we know this team can compete with anyone and this team will win.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not true. We won the offseason when we picked up Mario. Read it right here.

You have to be really trolling to act like this off-season is equal to the one we signed Mario. Usually I just ignore you because you're such a Richard.

I think the major difference is that Mr. Ralph is gone. Tons of props to him because without him the Bills likely would be in LA, Balt, or elsewhere. Ralph imho was the primary factor in the Bills continuous flailing in searching for the next Jim Kelly. this addiction led to a series of desperate reaches, stupid contracts and failed teaching and management at the QB slot.

Ryan has experience of not only playing competitively (and even making the playoffs with Sanchez) with QBs who turned out to be inadequate. Ryan has laded up with 3 QBs who likely are not great but has acquired weapons around them which I think/hope can get this team into the playoffs.

You have to be really trolling to act like this off-season is equal to the one we signed Mario. Usually I just ignore you because you're such a Richard.

I'm not equating them, just the reaction to them. See below, then put your head back in the sand. I must say though, I would never ignore you--look at all the pure gold I would miss!

He has been a fantastic contributor to the team. What's your gripe with M. Williams?

No gripe with Willilams Beerball. Just saying that we saw this type of exuberism that off season and more than one poster annouced that we "won the offseason" after Mario's and others' signings. Without a playoff appearance, it's just another year.

There's definitely been offseasons that built major excitement around here, and even with the media... but this is, on paper, even better than those. Hopefully it translates into an even better record than last year :)

No gripe with Willilams Beerball. Just saying that we saw this type of exuberism that off season and more than one poster annouced that we "won the offseason" after Mario's and others' signings. Without a playoff appearance, it's just another year.

Comparing the 2 off seasons :

Now: proven HC (I realize that you disagree or will say that you think he's proven himself to be a coach who under performed)

Now: owners committed to spending money on players, coaches and FO

Now: a team with only 2 "really" possible weak links

I do realize that I'm a Pollie Ana about the team, but, I'm also someone who calls it as he sees it (I think). IF those 2 weaknesses can be minimized then we've got something here. I'm hopeful.

This is the best off-season SINCE the Mario offseason. I remember the pursuit of Mario. It was F5 city. This year is different in that Whaley is stealth like a cat. Out of nowhere, stuff just happens, with the exception of Clay. But the pursuit of Clay was nothing compared to the pursuit of Mario.

I think this is the best offseason I can remember.

A whole 1 person declared that off-season a win? Ok.

Now: proven HC (I realize that you disagree or will say that you think he's proven himself to be a coach who under performed)

I do realize that I'm a Pollie Ana about the team, but, I'm also someone who calls it as he sees it (I think). IF those 2 weaknesses can be minimized then we've got something here. I'm hopeful.

Not sure if you can say Ryan underperformed in Jersey considering he had butt fumble boy as his QB and not much else on offense.

Polian did some wheeling and dealing that put us over the top

There has never been an off-season with this many upgrades.

I'm not equating them, just the reaction to them. See below, then put your head back in the sand. I must say though, I would never ignore you--look at all the pure gold I would miss!

For years you made your hay by bashing the Bills while knob-polishing your favorite team in New England. I guess we won't be hearing from you much going forward.

Rex is a really good guy, I think. But he hasn't proven himself a really good NFL HC. I don't see how anyone can argue convincingly otherwise at this point.

The QB, on paper, is still a weakness--the weakiest of the weaknesses, really. The O-line is still a question mark.

The Pegula's ownership of the team is a breath of frsh air compared the strong scent of mothballs that dominated Wilson's benign neglect the past 20 years.

A whole 1 person declared that off-season a win? Ok.

Not sure if you can say Ryan underperformed in Jersey considering he had butt fumble boy as his QB and not much else on offense.

He had butt fumble boy (who is as good as anyone on our roster at this point in their respective careers) for the first 2 (AFCC game) seasons as well as his next 2 (crappy). He went through 3 OCs. He brought in Vick and Geno. This wasn't on Sanchez (a very flawed QB, to be honest).

No one here was as sympathetic to Rex's performance in NYJ as they are now that he's our HC. I get that though...