Grade Whaley's Job Performance So Far  

265 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Whaley's Job Performance So Far

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

A. Means he found a QB, obviously he didn't.

B. Means we went to the playoffs finally, still haven't.

C. Means he has done a good enough job to ratain talent needed and adding other talent. Giving a team a chance at a future.

A. You can't find what isn't there.

Question:

Instead of drafting EJ (who he traded *back* for and picked up an extra pick), what should we have done with our pick?

Trade it for Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, duh!

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A. Means he found a QB, obviously he didn't.

B. Means we went to the playoffs finally, still haven't.

C. Means he has done a good enough job to ratain talent needed and adding other talent. Giving a team a chance at a future.

That is quite the grading scale you have there. You make it sound so simple, I wonder why are you not a GM? You obviously have it all figured out.

At this point, I'd stick with "Incomplete".

1.) none of the moves made are his alone

2.) no real on field results yet. I would grade him in 2-3 years based on on-field success, the ability to work with the coaching staff and to build a perennial winner.

Its just too early to say. I like what I've seen from him so far.

Would Alonso stop overpursuing because Rex is here? Would he suddenly lose his glass jaw? I will never understand the Kiko Alonso infatuation on this board.

Fred Jackson is another one whose contributions to WINS have been greatly exaggerated. You know what helps chemistry? Scoring touchdowns and winning games. A far more talented offense will be hitting the field this season. I don't know why so many people think that Fred Jackson has been a father figure and/or whether that ever made the team better. I don't buy it.

Would Alonso stop overpursuing because Rex is here? Would he suddenly lose his glass jaw? I will never understand the Kiko Alonso infatuation on this board.

Fred Jackson is another one whose contributions to WINS have been greatly exaggerated. You know what helps chemistry? Scoring touchdowns and winning games. A far more talented offense will be hitting the field this season. I don't know why so many people think that Fred Jackson has been a father figure and/or whether that ever made the team better. I don't buy it.

Fred Jackson has had the most Buffalo Bills TD's in the last 3 years. Ay!

So the most on a team = good?

Most TD's on team = most contributions to WINS.

Fred Jackson certainly made this team better and is a bona-fide team leader.... and will be on this team as well. I think Fred will help the chemistry of the team. He realizes where he is in his career and I think will bring the full package of his contributions accordingly. On the field as needed and off the field, every day. I don't think he's deluding himself into thinking that he's an every down workhorse anymore. For his part he absolutely made some of the bad teams we've fielded over the years better.... on the Wall of Fame as soon as he's eligible and hopefully an ambassador for the team like Kelly and Thurman are for the rest of his days...

I'm a little concerned about chemistry.

-- Freddy Jackson is a leader in the locker room and has been the team's #1 RB for several years. McCoy is obviously the #1 now. Jackson is a pro but this might be tough to deal with for him, or for other players to accept. If McCoy struggles behind the O line, I can see this situation dividing the team.

-- Adding Percy Harvin could be a great move, with three outstanding athletes (Watkins, Harvin, and Clay) and a very skilled professional (Woods) challenging defenses. But Harvin has been poison for locker rooms. Last year Jackson would have taken him aside and told him what's what -- but with Jackson's role reduced, will that still work? Who will be the guy to keep Harvin in line?

I'm also worried about depth. Kiko would have been a great fit in Ryan's defense. I get it that they gave up some defensive skill (a whole lot of defensive skill) to get a threat at RB. Also that we have really good starters across the board on defense, possibly excepting safety where Duke Williams still has to convince me. But no team gets through a year without injuries. I think we're lacking good depth at LB, DE, and even DT. When Dareus went out late last year, the D line was not nearly as good. Losing Mario or Marcel or Kyle would make the defense a lot less dangerous. Losing two of those three would make it pretty average or worse.

Im sorry but a team can't expect to not see a drop off when 1-2 all pros go down. Likewise they can't avoid upgrading a position because the guy that filled it was well respected. If freddys half the leader he's given credit for, he will handle the "demotion" with grace.

Fred Jackson certainly made this team better and is a bona-fide team leader.... and will be on this team as well. I think Fred will help the chemistry of the team. He realizes where he is in his career and I think will bring the full package of his contributions accordingly. On the field as needed and off the field, every day. I don't think he's deluding himself into thinking that he's an every down workhorse anymore. For his part he absolutely made some of the bad teams we've fielded over the years better.... on the Wall of Fame as soon as he's eligible and hopefully an ambassador for the team like Kelly and Thurman are for the rest of his days...

Never part of a playoff team and on the Wall of Fame?

Most TD's on team = most contributions to WINS.

Yep. You got me, there. Even Jacksonville has "best" players.

On the RWS Wall of Fame.... nobody should have any doubt he'll be there.

I love Fred. But I do not think his career warrants a spot on the Wall of Fame.

Never part of a playoff team and on the Wall of Fame?

Fred Jackson is not deserving of Wall of Wall honors. He's a good player and a good guy. Nothing special about him. His presence would diminish the honor for all others selected, in my opinion. I'd rather see Frank Reich or Brian Moorman on the wall.