Rumor mill..don't expect Bledsoe to go to Ariz.

OnTheRocks

Not that anyone was expecting Blesoe to go to Arizona anyway.....but...here is a tidbit from FFMastermind.

I personally think Jeff Garcia would be a nice fit in Buffalo considering his style is similar to JP.

-- Cardinals Eyeing Johnson or Garcia? --

Tue Feb 8, 2005 --from FFMastermind.com

The Arizona Republic reports the Cardinals aren't about to give up on QB Josh McCown. They will tender him a salary of $1.4 million to assure that he comes back next season. But what they will do is create competition at the position. McCown may go into training camp as the starter, but he will be pushed right from the get-go by an experienced quarterback who believes he can wrest the job from him. That quarterback will not be QB Shaun King, who sometime within the next few months will likely be released. (The Cardinals also have the right to QB John Navarre for the next three years and since he was a Green draft pick, he is expected to be with the team this coming season as the No. 3 guy.) The interesting part about the class of free-agent quarterbacks is, the group is expected to be better and more crowded with the possible release of QB Drew Bledsoe in Buffalo, QB Jeff Garcia in Cleveland and QB Brad Johnson in Tampa Bay. While the Cardinals will show no interest in Bledsoe should he be available - they believe his best days are behind him - don't be surprised to see the team make a play for Johnson or Garcia.

I don't want Garcia as a starter. Strictly as a backup. I think if you have a guy who,....although he was horrible last year....plays a similar style to the guy you are grooming to be the future of the franchise, bring in someone who, if he has to play....isn't going to need an entire new offensive game plan to fit his skillset.

I don't want Garcia as a starter.  Strictly as a backup.  I think if you have a guy who,....although he was horrible last year....plays a similar style to the guy you are grooming to be the future of the franchise, bring in someone who, if he has to play....isn't going to need an entire new offensive game plan to fit his skillset.

232417[/snapback]

Garcia's best days are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind him. The guy can still come off the bench and provide a spark, but I feel sorry for whatever teams overspends for him. I was laughing when the Browns took him last year, and I'll laugh when a team is dumb enough to take him this year.

Jeff Garcia STINKS.

Dont you want the best for the buffalo bills. Then you should be sticking by Drew Bledsoe. Perhaps you have way too much pride to admit it.

232407[/snapback]

What? Too much pride?

Having too much pride to admit it would be if Bledsoe had a bad spell, we bashed the hell out of him, but then he came back and showed potential and we still bash him.

This isn't about having too much pride. It's about realizing that WE CANNOT WIN WITH DREW.

Not that anyone was expecting Blesoe to go to Arizona anyway.....but...here is a tidbit from FFMastermind.

I personally think Jeff Garcia would be a nice fit in Buffalo considering his style is similar to JP. 

Does that mean Carmella would be at all the Bills games? :w00t:

I don't want Garcia as a starter.  Strictly as a backup.  I think if you have a guy who,....although he was horrible last year....plays a similar style to the guy you are grooming to be the future of the franchise, bring in someone who, if he has to play....isn't going to need an entire new offensive game plan to fit his skillset.

232417[/snapback]

Good take, Rocks. Gameplan continuity makes a lot of sense. If JP's pulled for having a bad game, the gameplan doesn't have to change. I saw playmaking skills by JP in pre-season that were never shown during the regular season when what's-his-name bumbled on.. 19 days and counting 'til that chapter gets closed!!

Jeff Garcia STINKS.

Dont you want the best for the buffalo bills. Then you should be sticking by Drew Bledsoe. Perhaps you have way too much pride to admit it.

232407[/snapback]

Bledsoe is as washed up as Garcia. Drew just still has illusions of grandeur.

TD should have signed Brian Griese last year and forced Drew to take a real pay-cut.

Charlie Batch may be the low cost answer- not sure of his contract status.

Nothing against Garcia personally (could care less, is he or isn't he?), but I don't think he would be a good fit for Buffalo at all. I like Garcia, but he proved in Clevland this year, he is not necassarily someone who views himself as a tutor. He did a lot of bitching and moaning all season, and did not handle being benched with the aplomb, that say, Bledsoe handled gettting benched in favor of Brady. Bledsoe likely bitched to his friends on the team, and his wife, but kept his complaints within the team, and did not air his dirty laundry to through the media. Garcia did not handle things that way at all...so what makes anyone think he is going to be aching to step into another situation where he is very likely to lose his starting job again? He would be better off staying in Clevland. He is still under contract with the Browns, maybe Crennel can smooth things over with him, and he stays.

Personally, I think the Lions will go hard after Drew Brees. If they don't get him, they will go after Garcia. The Lions would present a better opportunity for Garcia than the Bills.

People who are so anxious to ax Bledsoe from the roster, seem to seeing every situation through Bills colored glasses. Think about the logic from the perspective QB's point of view. Buffalo would not be a very attractive situation for most. The more names thrown out there, the more I am getting the feeling that Drew Bledsoe is a lock to be on the Bills roster this coming season! The only way I see him leaving, is if the Bills outright cut him (which could happen, but I doubt it), he retires, or if Romeo Crennel has a good relationship with him, and has enough confidence to hand the reigns of the team over to Bledsoe, in his first head coaching stint. If Bledsoe is released, and does not go to Clevland, I see him retiring early....

Garcia's career was over in that playoff game against Green Bay (can't remember the year) where he was trying to bring the 49ers back at the end of the game and had a wide open receiver that he simply underthrew and the ball was picked off. Anyone that saw that game will know what I'm talking about.

I don't know if he'd be an upgrade over Bledsoe or not. Neither prospect particularly excites me. I'm afraid that next year is looking more and more like another rebuilding year and a franchise that is on hold waiting for Losman to either sink or swim. Let's just hope that McGahee's wheels don't give out on him before Losman is ready to really go.

Garcia's career was over in that playoff game against Green Bay (can't remember the year) where he was trying to bring the 49ers back at the end of the game and had a wide open receiver that he simply underthrew and the ball was picked off.  Anyone that saw that game will know what I'm talking about. 

I don't know if he'd be an upgrade over Bledsoe or not.  Neither prospect particularly excites me.  I'm afraid that next year is looking more and more like another rebuilding year and a franchise that is on hold waiting for Losman to either sink or swim.  Let's just hope that McGahee's wheels don't give out on him before Losman is ready to really go.

232565[/snapback]

I can't understand all the pessimisim about the Bills this coming season, from so many on TSW. IMO, this is the first season that the Bills have showed significant tangible improvement in about 5 or 6 years. I don't know that they are going to the SB next year, but I fully expect them to be in the playoff hunt, coming out of the gate. Granted, I feel this way most years, but they made some very major strides this year, that I found very encouraging. By the end of the season, the Bills showed the ability to dominate at home (save the Steelers game), win on the road, beat teams that they "should" beat (rather convincingly I might add), the special teams were a major positive factor (something we couldn't claim since around 1996), and the defense was a considerable notch better than the previos season (when they were pretty good!). There is a lot to feel positive about. I know the QB situation is first and formost on everyones' mind, but it is only one facet of the team...

There is a lot to feel positive about.  I know the QB situation is first and formost on everyones' mind, but it is only one facet of the team...

232611[/snapback]

I wish I could feel so optimistic, but the Steelers game really took it out of me. There was so much on the line and they just didn't get the deal closed. I hope it's just an abberation, but I think it's really indicative of deeper problems. I'm just glad I'm not Tom Donahoe or Mike Mularkey because I truly don't know what I'd do about the QB position.