And then there were 2

Beerball

I didn't realize that there were any still around. We would eat there frequently when I was a kid, especially when we were traveling. I don't think I ever had anything other than the clams. I loved those.

I didn't realize that there were any still around. We would eat there frequently when I was a kid, especially when we were traveling. I don't think I ever had anything other than the clams. I loved those.

Haha, wife and we're just talking bout that. She remembers fried clams and ice cream, for me it was fried clams and Mac and cheese

Both said wonder if they were really clams , could have been shoe laces for all we know, would not have mattered.

Edited by plenzmd1

Fried clams = awesome unhealthy goodness

So, they sold the restaurant to new owners who plan to turn the building into a “high-end roadside diner.”

That seems odd. I would figure being one of the last Howard Johnson's would be better for business than anything they'll do.

Haha, wife and we're just talking bout that. She remembers fried clams and ice cream, for me it was fried clams and Mac and cheese

Both said wonder if they were really clams , could have been shoe laces for all we know, would not have mattered.

I've done a little research into how they were made in hopes of being able to duplicate them at home, but apparently they're not the usual kind of clam you usually find in seafood markets.

http://www.weloveclams.com/#!fried-clam-strips--hojos/c12wg