If the Bills take a QB in the second round....

Virgil

If they draft a qb and it's not someone they think they are reaching for....

Is that person not the favorite to start? Players taken in the first 3 rounds, definitely the top 2 are expected to start in today's NFL.

I'm all about finding out qb, but I don't see how any of these guys available to us at 2 are starter worthy while there are starters at position of need to be taken.

Why would they sign one guy, trade for another guy, talk about extending the guy you traded for, plus keep saying how good EJ is looking; to then draft someone in Round 2? Yes I do agree taking someone in round 2 would be given a good shot to start, that's why I doubt it happens. Considering it's a weak QB class, I'd be highly shocked to see them draft a QB unless it's round 6 or 7.

Unless you take someone in a late round, likely if there's someone out there good enough to draft in round 2, then move to practice squad, someone else will grab him so that's not an option. Drafting a QB early means you're dumping one if not two of the guys currently on the roster and don't see that happening.

Is that person not the favorite to start? Players taken in the first 3 rounds, definitely the top 2 are expected to start in today's NFL.

I'm all about finding out qb, but I don't see how any of these guys available to us at 2 are starter worthy while there are starters at position of need to be taken.

You forget so quickly how Kouandjio, the 2nd round pick last year, didn't start or really play at all.

Sure, you'd like you top couple of picks to start each year, but it doesn't make or break a draft class if they don't start. EJ was a first round pick and almost everyone agrees nothing but good could come from him sitting a year or two.

I am not at all against drafting a QB in the 2nd, but there's absolutely no reason thy have to start next year. Forcing a young QB into a starting role is a poor decision in my opinion.

Well whaley did say that over half of our picks would likely be cut, soooo...

QBs taken in the 2nd that start right away are the exception, not the rule. And, the ones that do seem to be very early 2nd (like Dalton and Carr). I don't think the Bills will be taking a QB in round 2 regardless for reasons already pointed out above. I could, however, see one taken in 3-5. I think all this Lovelace talk is ridiculous BTW, he didn't even do well at a FCS school for crying out loud. People hear one report of his big hands or whatever and think he's going to be good...so funny.

Leroi did say they were going to cut EJ...Imo

Kdiggz with the dagger!

If the bills take a QB in the second, I imagine he'll get a fair look in camp. But Rex seems pretty set on having a true competition. That being said, I think taking a QB at 50 is ill advised. We should be able to get competent QB play from someone already on our roster. I don't see anyone at 50 (Petty, Grayson) being an immediate upgrade. This team is built to win now, and would be much better served taking a plug and play guy.

Petty and Hundley (who would be the 3 and 4 QBs on my board) are bigger projects coming out than EJ was. The consensus now is that EJ probably shouldn't have started his rookie year so why would either of those guys be better placed to?

Exactly. Some first round QBs shouldn't start so I'm not sure why sitting a second rounder should. There is a lot moreto consider than draft position when deciding how quickly a player starts in the NFL. The position they play is huge. Even high first round CBs usually have to be worked in to the starting lineup as the season goes on. It isn't unusual to see a second round OG start though. There's no tougher position than QB so why wouldn't you sit one picked 50th overall?

I agree. I think you take BPA. We're in a position where the Bills can do that. The only position I don't want them to draft is RB. Other than that, go BPA!

I highly doubt this team goes with a raw rookie behind center this year. Not the way it's stacked right now. But I guess stranger things have happened.

I love the suggestion of drafting a 2nd rd QB... starting or not.

Starting, we go through the same process as EJ... throwing a guy into the fire too soon, then scrambling to bench him because he's not an immediate Pro-Bowler.

Sitting, we develop this rookie, yet don't give our last rookie much of a chance to develop, that's fun too.

ESPN is even floating the idea of us drafting a QB in the 2nd. I don't see it happening. We have three young guys on the roster right now that have every bit the same chance as developing as a 2nd round draft pick, imo. Lets focus on what we have, figure out if any of them can grow, and then potentially draft a QB in 2016.

I think it's almost a lock that the Bills are taking an offensive lineman with their first pick. I think them looking at the QBs is more about rd 3 pick and later. My thought is that if they do like either Grayson, Hundley or Petty they probably will probably draft him in the 3rd if he's still there. Probably won't be, but look what happened to guys like Nassib and Barkley.

I think it's almost a lock that the Bills are taking an offensive lineman with their first pick. I think them looking at the QBs is more about rd 3 pick and later. My thought is that if they do like either Grayson, Hundley or Petty they probably will probably draft him in the 3rd if he's still there. Probably won't be, but look what happened to guys like Nassib and Barkley.

Mostly because Rex is the coach, I think they will go DL or LB in 2nd round.

I sure hope not, or else it's the worst plan Ive seen from OBD in a while.

Im all for drafting a QB early (if there is one there they like), because at this point he would have the luxury of sitting at least this year, and developing more on the normal schedule. Instead of the Bills' typical "throw him into the fire" and watch him explode method theyve used on Losman, Edwards, and Manuel.

Best case scenario is they like at guy and he is available at #50, and then he doesnt need to start until next year (or better yet, 2017).