WHAT? My actions have consequences?

Then it's not a rainy day fund. But then again I guess you'd need three years worth seeing if you lost your job it might take you three years to find someone dumb enough to hire you.

Oh, definitions again...

No, I have enough to get through three years, not that I'd wait around that long to find a job.

Oh, definitions again...

No, I have enough to get through three years, not that I'd wait around that long to find a job.

Oh those pesky definitions. They always get in your way don't they. We'll go easier on you going forward.

So if I had enough to get by, but it was not in a bank, it wouldn't be a "rainy day fund," correct?

No it would be an individual investment account. A rainy day fund or emergency fund is typically 3-6 months of fixed expenses to hold you over due to a job loss or short term disability of some sort and it should be in the bank with no risk.

So if I had enough to get by, but it was not in a bank, it wouldn't be a "rainy day fund," correct?

Well, technically it could be a "rainy day fund" if it was held in a non-qualified account, though unless it was in a cash position, it would be an incredibly stupid place to keep emergency savings.

No it would be an individual investment account. A rainy day fund or emergency fund is typically 3-6 months of fixed expenses to hold you over due to a job loss or short term disability of some sort and it should be in the bank with no risk.

Then why bring it up for a three year situation? Definition that :lol:

Well, technically it could be a "rainy day fund" if it was held in a non-qualified account, though unless it was in a cash position, it would be an incredibly stupid place to keep emergency savings.

Well, technically, yes, of course