Ooooooh, a building explodes in NYC killing 2 people!

Freundlich, who listed herself as Iowa Democratic Party communications director on her LinkedIn profile,

Young, clueless, arrogant, bimbo working for the 'party of the people'. Knock me over with a feather.

Young, clueless, arrogant, bimbo working for the 'party of the people'. Knock me over with a feather.

can we leave politics out of this please?

I could post a dozen politicians of both parties and or other "dumb" people doing similar and in front of sites with far worse tragedies.

Guess I'm alone in thinking who friggin cares?

agreed

FTR was it smart? no well at least not the peace sign.

Guess I'm alone in thinking who friggin cares?

By definition, people who don't care would be underrepresented in a thread about the subject.

If you're taking a "selfie" you're probably already a narcissistic **** anyway...so what difference does it make where it's taken?

By definition, people who don't care would be underrepresented in a thread about the subject.

If you're taking a "selfie" you're probably already a narcissistic **** anyway...so what difference does it make where it's taken?

I understand your point, but I didn't know what the thread was about until I read the link in the thread, then I was honestly surprised that people care as much as they seem to (in the comments in the article as well as this thread.

Selfie stick? They seriously had to invent that? I hope it telescopes because otherwise someone has to look incredibly stupid carrying that thing around with them all day.

I saw a few in Vegas last time I went. They do telescope, but maybe not completely down to a small size as I saw a few walking around with them roughly the length of their arm.

Selfie stick? They seriously had to invent that? I hope it telescopes because otherwise someone has to look incredibly stupid carrying that thing around with them all day.

Saw that for the first time last year in a restaurant when the 3 Chinese girls pulled it out to document that they ate food.

I was pissed that yet another person got rich off the stupidity of others and it wasn't me.

I wanna say they did invent it as a loophole. It isn't a tripod or monopod... You see, those things are mentioned in the policies of museums, etc...

"Sir, the museum kindly asks you that you do not bring in your tripod, it's in the policy right here."

"Oh, I am sorry... It's not a tripod/monopod... It's a selfie stick!'

"Okay, carry on!"

Somebody should get smarter and build it into an umbrella! :pirate:

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Isn't the psychology behind it that people aren't really laughing @ somebody's misfortune. When people laugh @ something horrible or do something stupid like this, it is more to convey the thought: "Gee! I am glad that wasn't me in that train wreck!" "Look, I am fine."

Then there is TRBJ. Can't say I can be polite and justify that phenomenon! Sorry Joe, they are really laughing @ you to be mean! :nana:

Anway... People get so butt hurt. Who's really the self-centered one's here? The one's "appearing" to be self-centered or the one's all hurt that not everybody is serious about their tragic situation. EVERYBODY needs to get over themselves.