Who would you target in trades?

With the depth of the Bills roster & the recent words about how difficult it will be for late round picks to make the roster I thought that we should start talking potential trade targets. I highly doubt that the Bills are going to make 4 selections between the 5th round and the end of the draft. They just don't have room on the roster. I think that we can expect trades for players and/or the Bills to move up once or twice. What might the moves look like?

Evan Mathis jumps to mind and can maybe be had for a 5th or a 5th & a 6th or 7th. Jahri Evans is probably off the board with Grubbs being traded.

Maybe Vincent Jackson for something similar? His contract is terrible and would have to be re-worked but apparently they want a big WR. I couldn't think of any other big WRs that could be out there off of the top of my head.

Maybe another TE or LB (if they don't re-sign Spikes).

I just thought that it would make for an interesting discussion. Feel free to throw out potential names...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Mathis. I think Whaley mentioning WR is total smoke.

Maybe so, but I could definitely see him wanting a larger target. It could be a WR and it could be a TE. Who knows what this staff thinks of Hogan and Goodwin. They are probably bubble players at this point depending on whether or not another guy is added.

Maybe so, but I could definitely see him wanting a larger target. It could be a WR and it could be a TE. Who knows what this staff thinks of Hogan and Goodwin. They are probably bubble players at this point depending on whether or not another guy is added.

Sure, I'd file it under "wouldn't it be nice." I don't look at the offensive line and think the same. Barring a trade or post 6/1 cuts, we better hope that the one signing so far and the development of last year's rookies gets us a solid line.

Sure, I'd file it under "wouldn't it be nice." I don't look at the offensive line and think the same. Barring a trade or post 6/1 cuts, we better hope that the one signing so far and the development of last year's rookies gets us a solid line.

Agreed, and I think that either the 2nd or 3rd round pick will also yield an OL. Then if they acquire Mathis to go with the now 4 young guys they will be okay I think.

I been saying all along that a trade is Buffalo's best chance to receive proven quality. I seriously doubt that the Bills will start a 2nd round or later draft pick in 2015. Cassel needs protection in the pocket and a rookie would be risky.

So unless Buffalo can find a Ruben Brown in the draft a trade seems likely

Edited by HOUSE

We are 1 good OL guy away from having a legit unit I think. Do whatever it takes to get one and add depth in the draft. I think the other needs will be a blocking TE and then just depth at LB and dback. They could use a tall WR but I don't see that as a must have unless someone really good falls to us in the draft or FA

I been saying all along that a trade is Buffalo's best chance to receive proven quality. I seriously doubt that the Bills will start a 2nd round or later draft pick in 2015. Cassel needs protection in the pocket and a rookie would be risky.

So unless Buffalo can find a Ruben Brown in the draft a trade seems likely

Assuming Cassel wins the job... Lol

According to DraftTek's Big Board, these OGs might be available when The Bills pick:

2nd Round #50:

A.J. Cann South Carolina 6'4" 313 lbs

Laken Tomlinson Duke 6'3" 323 lbs

3rd Round #81:

Tre' Jackson Florida State 6'4" 330 lbs

Arie Kouandjio Alabama 6'5" 310 lbs (little brother of Cyrus)

Edited by Nanker

Evan Mathis for Robert Woods and a 5 or 6th? I love Woods, but I wonder if they'd go for a trade like this. Chip was rumored to have wanted Woods.

Evan Mathis is 33. The Eagles would have to throw in something like a 4th with him for Woods.