Bills pre-draft visits/workouts

@RyanTalbotBills: ICYMI: #Bills to Host USF CB Chris Dunkley on pre-draft visit. http://t.co/eohpbgPyIY#BillsMafia

He looks like a day 3 guy, who'd likely end up on the practice squad....

http://buf.scout.com/story/1536859-bills-to-host-cb-chris-dunkley-on-visit

Orchard & Jones are interesting in my opinion. Those are 2 guys that may not be there at 50 & certainly won't be there in the 3rd. I guess that I am surprised that we are hearing about guys like this and not OL. Jones doesn't even fill a need IMO (although he is a ridiculous athlete).

Not too interested in Orchard, given his weakness against the run. Jones might be a good developmental FS prospect, but you're right, that would be a luxury pick given the OL and LB needs...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@RQUINN619: Bills also meeting with Nebraska DE/OLB Randy Gregory. Picking 50, but due diligence after failing drug test @ combine.

Thats a trade up target to me. If he falls to 25ish the Bills will be aggressive IMO. He's considered the best pure pass rusher in the draft. It isn't a position of need but if they can get him for their 2nd, 5th & next year's 2nd (or something like that) I would think that they would be on the phone.

Thats a trade up target to me. If he falls to 25ish the Bills will be aggressive IMO. He's considered the best pure pass rusher in the draft. It isn't a position of need but if they can get him for their 2nd, 5th & next year's 2nd (or something like that) I would think that they would be on the phone.

I'd be pretty pissed to see the Bills trading away next years 2nd rounder in a move up scenario. I can't say I couldn't see the Bills brass pulling such a stunt, but until we have a bona fide QB on this roster I don't want to trade away any assets that could help in our journey to finally find one.

I'd be pretty pissed to see the Bills trading away next years 2nd rounder in a move up scenario. I can't say I couldn't see the Bills brass pulling such a stunt, but until we have a bona fide QB on this roster I don't want to trade away any assets that could help in our journey to finally find one.

Don't necessarily disagree at all. The flip side of the argument is if you are a 10+ win team (which you should be) you won't have an opportunity to draft that type of talent for a while. You may view it as such good value that you jump up there. It is kind of like what Minnesota did with Moss or Dez in Dallas. If a top 5 talent falls b/c of an off the field issue someone will take that gamble. Edited by Kirby Jackson

uh oh - Re: Gregory, this was after he tweeted last night that NO was "boring"... Guess he found something to do

@BeauxJaxson: @ChrisTrapasso he missed his saints meeting this morning and there are other things that media hasnt gotten ahold of or released

@RQUINN619: Bills also meeting with Nebraska DE/OLB Randy Gregory. Picking 50, but due diligence after failing drug test @ combine.

I'm thinking that Gregory visiting is due diligence for if & when he's drafted by the Jets at 6th overall (or Miami if he slips).

uh oh - Re: Gregory, this was after he tweeted last night that NO was "boring"... Guess he found something to do

@BeauxJaxson: @ChrisTrapasso he missed his saints meeting this morning and there are other things that media hasnt gotten ahold of or released

Ha ha, he could have called me!! I was just sitting around watching the Pelicans game.

IIRC, Rex traveled to Texas to workout Petty, not that he visited OBD...

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/03/2015_nfl_draft_bryce_petty_buffalo_bills_rex_ryan.html

i don't know if he was there or not, but the tweet about him being there was later deleted, and no other sources reported it

@MockingTheDraft: Hmm. Seems like Gil Brandt deleted his tweet about Rex Ryan working out Bryce Petty.

The Bills have a smaller number of draft choices this year and I cannot envision them wasting a pick on one of the QBs that are likely to be available from the mid second round onward. They already have a roster full of those types. I can imagine them putting together a package of draft picks and one or two of their current players to make a trade for a QB upgrade though I don't think they'll do that. They might also pick up one or two lower round picks by trade]ing out of the second if they don't see the right player for a need they have at a second round value.

Looking at the roster, it looks like WR and RB are a couple of areas they don't need to shore up this year. The D line looks set, backups included. If the front office believes the trouble with the Oline was more about Marrone than it was with the players, then I doubt they'll make an O lineman a draft priority. Which leaves LB, S, CB and TE as the areas where they could use some depth. Or at least those are the areas that make me the most nervous.

my guess is Whaley trades down from 50 and picks up a 4th. This draft might not be the deepest at the top(<20 first round grades) but the depth is in the 2-5 rounds. It is deep at edge rushers and linebackers. I suspect we draft one

my guess is Whaley trades down from 50 and picks up a 4th. This draft might not be the deepest at the top(<20 first round grades) but the depth is in the 2-5 rounds. It is deep at edge rushers and linebackers. I suspect we draft one

I just don't see it. The late round rookies are going to have a really hard time making this team. I could see them coming up from rounds 5-7 but not the other way around. This draft is about quality not quantity.

I just don't see it. The late round rookies are going to have a really hard time making this team. I could see them coming up from rounds 5-7 but not the other way around. This draft is about quality not quantity.

I could see Tony Lippett being available in the 4th. He is 6'3 and could be that tall WR Whalley craves. Not to mention he can also play CB and would be a demon on special teams. I see great value with his skillset. And as deep as our roster is, Lippet would make roster. Just throwing that out there Edge rusher, oline and Lippet with our first 3 picks I am a ok with

I could see Tony Lippett being available in the 4th. He is 6'3 and could be that tall WR Whalley craves. Not to mention he can also play CB and would be a demon on special teams. I see great value with his skillset. And as deep as our roster is, Lippet would make roster. Just throwing that out there Edge rusher, oline and Lippet with our first 3 picks I am a ok with

I am a big, big fan of Lippett as well. The point that I am making is you can use your 5th, a 6th (and even the other 6th or 7th) to get up to the 4th. Going up from the late rounds is more likely than going back from pick 50 I think.

trade down for next year. please do not move up this year.

as mentioned we wont get any closer to gaining on draft picks because the Bills are becoming , just too good for that to happen.

and then there is the cap. Bills are squeezing it finally.

Time to be careful and cautious. and reload the picks.