Restaurant fights back against negative Yelp review LOL

http://ratter.com/restaurant-serves-vigilante-justice-against-a-dishonest-1693206918

• Customer writes review, saying that staff treated him poorly
  • Restaurant reviews security footage and finds that customer did not talk to any staff and only stayed in restaurant for 22 seconds
  • Restaurant posts video of reviewer on their website
  • Reviewer then complains that the restaurant is "bullying" him by calling him out and that they had no right to post the video

Good for the restaurant. If you don't enjoy your dining experience, DON'T GO BACK THERE. I don't understand these trouser stains who feel the need to "yelp" every time they go out for a freakin burger. Get a life.

This should go in the pet peeves thread. I worked in the restaurant business for a long time, and there are just some miserable f$&ks out there who will complain no matter what. Now, increasingly, the miserable patrons have access to the Internet.

Good for the restaurant. If you don't enjoy your dining experience, DON'T GO BACK THERE. I don't understand these trouser stains who feel the need to "yelp" every time they go out for a freakin burger. Get a life.

This should go in the pet peeves thread. I worked in the restaurant business for a long time, and there are just some miserable f$&ks out there who will complain no matter what. Now, increasingly, the miserable patrons have access to the Internet.

...and they have massive internet muscles. Man up and go complain in person.

This eff that guy, happy they nailed his arse by posting the video. His BS can cost that restaurant tons of cash as other "yelpers" decide to eat elsewhere. I bartentended/served for years tons of miserable losers out there that will complain about anything.

This eff that guy, happy they nailed his arse by posting the video. His BS can cost that restaurant tons of cash as other "yelpers" decide to eat elsewhere. I bartentended/served for years tons of miserable losers out there that will complain about anything.

To play devils advocate...should one not be allowed to post negative reviews under threat of lawsuit from said business?

I have recently posted an extremely negative review of a business on various sites, and the owner of the business has called me asking me to take them down or he may need to take further action...fug him .

Edited by plenzmd1

To play devils advocate...should one not be allowed to post negative reviews under threat of lawsuit from said business?

I have recently posted an extremely negative review of a business on various sites, and the owner of the business has called me asking me to take them down or he may need to take further action...fug him .

If it's justified, then I have zero issue with it. This 20 second in the restaurant shmo is different. As a prior restaurant industry worker I know how easy it is, I have no patience for bad attitudes or lazy staffs, flame away if they deserve it.

I use the site to find new places around town and its especially useful when you're traveling. Most people who frequent Yelp are savvy enough to identify the complete douchebags and appropriately discount one off experiences. Now if 10 more people have similar stories, then there might be an issue.

If it's justified, then I have zero issue with it. This 20 second in the restaurant shmo is different. As a prior restaurant industry worker I know how easy it is, I have no patience for bad attitudes or lazy staffs, flame away if they deserve it.

Agreed, and i post loads of positive reviews of business.

I never post on restaurants though, and never read the reviews on Yelp etc...for the sheer reason that so many people are so hyper critical it just makes no sense to me.I thing the term i despise most in the whole of the world is "foodie". I know when someone uses that term, we cannot be friends :thumbsup:

And i eat out a chit ton

Nobody's suing anyone in this story. If you post something that misrepresents what actually happened you deserve what you get.

I use the site to find new places around town and its especially useful when you're traveling. Most people who frequent Yelp are savvy enough to identify the complete douchebags and appropriately discount one off experiences. Now if 10 more people have similar stories, then there might be an issue.

Same here. It's pretty easy to ascertain which negative reviews are reasonable and which are just the rantings of a whiny, self absorbed b---h.

Nobody's suing anyone in this story. If you post something that misrepresents what actually happened you deserve what you get.

I agree with this Levi. Just plenty of business threatening lawsuits if someone does not take down a negative review

Exactly. All review sites are like this. Go to amazon and you find a product with thousands of reviews and an overall 5 star rating and see how many 1 star reviews it has (plenty). When you check out a product or location with a couple of reviews, you're probably wasting your time, but when the numbers get high enough patterns form and it's pretty easy to figure out what the real deal is.

I use Yelp to help decide whether to go or not, truthfully, I sort by most recent and then read the 3+star reviews because frankly I don't trust the 1 & 2 star crowds, they seem to have ulterior motives or are simply whiny little bitches. if someone takes the time to lay out a specific reason for their bad review then I will read that, but most are not worth reading.

I agree with this Levi. Just plenty of business threatening lawsuits if someone does not take down a negative review

Fair enough. But posting something public that isn't truthful and damages a reputation...if it's not libel it's pretty damn close. The only thing at issue would be the truthfulness of the statement and whether or not posting on something like yelp counts as "publishing."

Is it me or are most of the one star "I'd give zero starts if I could" reviews come from women?

Thats been my experience. Complaints generally center around not receiving 3 Michelin star service while paying for $18 entrees.

My favorite are the people who list their dining resumes and establish their credentials before stumbling their way through a review. "I've dined at Daniel, Per Se, and Le Bernadin, so take my word for it when I say that Chili's has the WORST general tsao's chicken that I have EVER had!!"