honestly, why do they serve booze on planes?

A Ryanair flight from Riga in Latvia to Dublin had to make an emergency landing in Denmark after a drunken passenger took off his shirt and began hitting cabin walls.

In amazing video footage, the man can be seen standing with his shirt off at the rear of the plane, stumbling around, flexing his muscles and making strange grunting noises. He then begins to punch the cabin walls before leaning onto the seats of other passengers.

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Drunken-passenger-forces-Ryanair-flight-to-make-emergency-landing.html?utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium=content&utm_campaign=paid

Couple of things here

1) That dude was most likely liquored up before he got on. PLus prolly bought his own on board as Ryan is Spirit of Europe..

2) Cant belive US carriers have not started selling advertising on the overheads, brilliant Ryan. I have been on some planes recently with adverts on the tray tables however. Even more brilliant as your staring at it the whole time.

3) I must be getting older as i no longer ignore stuff that happens around me. I cant believe how long it took for someone to intervene...i wouls have grabbed a couple of guys and said c'mon as soon as that dude was punching the walls.

Edited by plenzmd1

He didn't get that wasted between Latvia and Denmark. Likely had a good head start, and should never have been boarded in the first place, or he was drinking from his own supply, rather than what the Airline was serving..

The Airlines sell drinks because it is very profitable to do so. If that wasn't true, they would have gone the way all of other previously available "services." They also have the right to not serve anyone.

Those buffet carts are very heavy when they're empty. Once they are loaded, they are even heavier. Weight uses fuel and extra weight uses extra fuel. If it were not profitable to drag those heavy carts around, they would have been gone years ago.

A Ryanair flight from Riga in Latvia to Dublin had to make an emergency landing in Denmark after a drunken passenger took off his shirt and began hitting cabin walls.

In amazing video footage, the man can be seen standing with his shirt off at the rear of the plane, stumbling around, flexing his muscles and making strange grunting noises. He then begins to punch the cabin walls before leaning onto the seats of other passengers.

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Drunken-passenger-forces-Ryanair-flight-to-make-emergency-landing.html?utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium=content&utm_campaign=paid

For starters, someone has to sit next to you...