Clay has a no-trade clause for 1st 3 years

Just because he can't contractually be traded does not mean we can't start meaningless threads about how he could be traded. This is the place that routinely wants to sign players that aren't even FAs. Every player can be had and traded if only Whaley is smart enough to do it!

Interesting/relevant to this thread

@ProFootballTalk: Dolphins were reportedly the runners-up in the Jimmy Graham sweepstakes http://t.co/qexCkTZaz6

I would have been pissed if the Bills weren't in the discussion. Dumb trade by the Saints. Graham is a beast.

And Clay is going to be a favorite around him once the season starts. Do everything type of player. Always liked his game.

Just because he can't contractually be traded does not mean we can't start meaningless threads about how he could be traded. This is the place that routinely wants to sign players that aren't even FAs. Every player can be had and traded if only Whaley is smart enough to do it!

Good point. I am still proposing JP Losman in some trades.

Can Clay waive the no trade clause like in hockey?.....Sorry hockey has a lot more trades than the NFL so I have some ??

Edited by snamsnoops

1.5mil next season? Does that mean he only counts 1.5 against the cap? If thats the case I dont care about the trade clause. He's making peanuts for the first 2 years anyway...

Here are cap #s

mikerodak: Charles Clay cap numbers: $5M (2015), $13.5M (2016), $6.5M (2017-19)

1.5mil next season? Does that mean he only counts 1.5 against the cap? If thats the case I dont care about the trade clause. He's making peanuts for the first 2 years anyway...

Plus a 10m bonus next year in addition to the salary. The contract is paying him an incredible amount the next two years but if he plays all 5 becomes reasonable with long term averages

Here are cap #s

mikerodak: Charles Clay cap numbers: $5M (2015), $13.5M (2016), $6.5M (2017-19)

Plus a 10m bonus next year in addition to the salary. The contract is paying him an incredible amount the next two years but if he plays all 5 becomes reasonable with long term averages

Ugh, thats a lot. We better extend Marcell soon. I was hoping they structured this to give us cap space next year rather than this year

Ugh, thats a lot. We better extend Marcell soon. I was hoping they structured this to give us cap space next year rather than this year

The bonus likely ends up converted to signing bonus next year reducing the year 2 hit but raising the rest

The bonus likely ends up converted to signing bonus next year reducing the year 2 hit but raising the rest

For people's interest, if the Bills do rework the deal in 2016 and change the $10M to a SB, Clay's cap numbers would be as follows:

$5M(1015), $6M(2016), $9M(2017-2019)

Edited by Dibs

It just was another small reason to get Miami not to match. If Jordan Cameron did well and they decided they didn't want to pay Clay the big 2016 salary/bonus. Seems like a pretty smart move.

We are not likely to want to trade him. It took us 55 years to get a TE.

C'mon now. Check your facts and Bills' history. Ernie Warlick, Pete Metzelaars, Keith McKellar. No hall-of-famers but still very good TEs. It has been awhike though over a time that has included the likes of Robert "where's the end line" Royal and Lonnie "Freakin" Johnson

Good point. I am still proposing JP Losman in some trades.

innovative, out of the box thinking right there JR!

Hopefully, he's no clay pidgeon

PULL

Do does this mean we can't trade Clay and McLovin for Aaron Rogers?

No it does not. we can always offer that trade, LM and Clay for Rodgers !

if we do it often enough the Packers will just give in eventually form being so annoyed at all the after dinner and late night phone calls.

How about Now ?

Now?

C'mon now. Check your facts and Bills' history. Ernie Warlick, Pete Metzelaars, Keith McKellar. No hall-of-famers but still very good TEs. It has been awhike though over a time that has included the likes of Robert "where's the end line" Royal and Lonnie "Freakin" Johnson

Nope i checked.

Its 55. and we get a free small coffee from McDonalds.

Warlick was good but it's been 50 years since he played. Metz was a decent to pretty good TE. MacKellar was never all that good. I watched and know a lot about them all.